HybridZ

1 injector bank does not fire!

onefast87

k guys, i sent off my MS2 for repairs when i blew the VB921, and when i got the mS2 back my runs runs very poorly. i have figured out that one injector bank is not firing.

i have tested the Q1 and Q5,and they both give me a reading.

is there anything else i could check?

so far ive checked the fuses, updated to the newest firmware 2886.

any help would be nice.

im running a MS2 V3.0, using the stock z31 cas,running a single coil.

The only time I see your pulse width going high is when you make sudden throttle changes. It appears you're blipping the throttle occasionally and the pw jumps to 18-20 which is very high. I'll stand with the assumption that you have your injectors firing once per cycle instead of twice. Post up your msq and we can take a look at that.

That jump in pulsewidth is due to accelleration enrichment. If you look at the enginebit code in log it is 17 during the high pulsewidth, 17 tells you that accelleration enrichment is on. You must have the accell values really high. I believe the tuning guide says to turn off accell enrichment while tuning the VE tables. Get them tuned first, then go back and set up accell enrichments.

According to your msq you're listing the ecu type as microsquirt, that probably needs to be changed to MS-II.

Also the Accell Enrichments are high. You're showing a max enrichment of 15ms. Remember these values are plus whatever pulse width is already there, so by blipping the throttle you're going from 2-4ms +15ms or 17-19ms pulse widths which would be off the map.

You could probably start with someone elses accell settings from the map sharing sticky (if any are in there for MSII). I always tune the accell enrichment by hand/feel. Add a little and test, add a little more and test. I am not sure if that is the right way to do it.

i should have mentioned that i have a VG30ET.

thanks for the help guys, my car is more drivable now, but i still am way off in the accel enrichment. when i am driving i can hear sputtering in the exhaust, is this caused by the accel enrich? i dont see the LED flashing when the pops happen.

If you cannot afford to buy a wideband then you can search around on the web a little bit to see how to tune with the narrowband. I tried to do it, but it didn't work well for me. I was using a one wire NB though with no heater. I would think you could tune most all of your table to stoich 14.7 with the narrowband, then richen up around idle, richen up in the powerband, etc. But I wouldn't run any boost if I was only tuning with a NB, that is just me. Lots of people do it and lots of people replace pistons and headgaskets.