HybridZ

Vids of my 420rwhp LS1 280z at the track.

Well I took it to the track for the first time...One hell of alot of fun. I was on the dry rotted and cracking 195/70/14 tires I bought the car with, but it still did a 2.0 60ft. I have about 150 miles on the swap now. I made about 7 passes with my best ET being 12.3 and best MPH being 121 all motor. Best part is I didnt break anything or have any problems!!! (probably thanks to the crappy tires)

Me vs my Buddy's Vette (my cutouts open...noisy:mrgreen:) 12.3@120

Me vs Terminator cobra (closed cutouts) 12.7@116

http://www.motorgen.com/vid/showphoto.php/photo/398/cat/514

My specs are in the video in my sig.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its the camera angle but it looks like the mustang beat you off the line but you had the power to catch up. If so then I'm sure you'll be in the 11's in no time.

Yeah the mustang was on MTs but my Datsun is much faster. I hope to see 11s on street tire...maybe 10s on a 100 shot with some sticky rubber.:)

Ummmmmmmm...... Are you crazy? 121 on dry rotted tires? You do realize that the bodies on these cars are just about beer can material. Your life is worth a set of tires.

haha yeah:shock:, that thought went through my head. I inspected the tires before each run to make sure they werent seperating and I also figured it wasn't sustained high speed driving. Lastly, I just couldnt resist:twak:.

Hey Edan...not this week but probably the following. I'm still dealing with some registration stuff on the car which should be solved by the weekend after this. I brought it out once last month to try some slicks but I don't like driving it around unregistered:sad:.

Just curious, you titled this thread as 420 rwhp, have you dyno'd it or is that an estimate.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, your 1/4mile speed is right were mine is so we should be in the same range of rwhp but I have not dyno'd this setup.

thanks

Jeff

Put some tires on you Z and you will be in the 10's. I know that Sergio's ls2 280z was making 409RWHP and ran 10.8@132.

You might be able to run 134mph with your setup.

Mike

So you believe me now?

Last time I dynoed the Z was making around 415 whp and 39? torque.

Get safe and go fast...................In that order. Good vid!!!!!!!!
This car is more of a go fast ---> get safe type of deal...LOL

Just curious, you titled this thread as 420 rwhp, have you dyno'd it or is that an estimate.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, your 1/4mile speed is right were mine is so we should be in the same range of rwhp but I have not dyno'd this setup.

thanks

Jeff

My full exhaust system is kinda janky and through the muffler it made 370rwhp but with the electric cutouts open it made 426rwhp and 407 rwtq. All this was on a DYNAPACK Dynamometer the one where you unbolt the wheels. It was tuned very quickly (it was like 3am) and isn't running too much timing and AFR was around 12.5...I think theres a bit more in it.

Put some tires on you Z and you will be in the 10's. I know that Sergio's ls2 280z was making 409RWHP and ran 10.8@132.

You might be able to run 134mph with your setup.

Mike

Sounds kinda high MPH for Cali speedway. Maybe at a track with a better DA. I suppose it's possible. I was either having to shift very lightly or shift at 5k into 2nd and 3rd to keep from spinning (non-posi).

So you believe me now?

Last time I dynoed the Z was making around 415 whp and 39? torque.

You ran those times all motor right? Have you ever run on the nitrous?(seems like you had the bottle in Mexico) I've seen your vids in Sac...whats not to believe? 1.6 60ft is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ awesome.

That car sounds GOOD with the cut out open. Period... Nice times! What size manifold is your fast? Stock throttle body? Congrats!
78mm Fast, stock home ported TB

Thanks, I've seen some of your vids...♥♥♥♥ is comedy when the announcer is like "whats wrong with the the straight six?" and then you proceed to murder that other Z right after. It was like an answer to his question...LMAO

Did you replace that broken axle? Or go to the Q45 diff now?

78mm Fast, stock home ported TB

Thanks, I've seen some of your vids...♥♥♥♥ is comedy when the announcer is like "whats wrong with the the straight six?" and then you proceed to murder that other Z right after. It was like an answer to his question...LMAO

Did you replace that broken axle? Or go to the Q45 diff now?

The other Z is also a member of this Forum, Synthtk. what made you go with the 78mm over the 90mm? I'm torn between going with a good set of heads / cam, and fast 90 /90 set up, OR going with a turbo kit, Hard decision. I've replaced that axle for the time being. I've got a Q45 diff ready to go on, already got my axles made and companion flanges waiting to go on. AZZCar is out of stock of the Mustache bars though. Thats my only set back for now. I've also got a new dyno video up now as well.

The other Z is also a member of this Forum, Synthtk. what made you go with the 78mm over the 90mm? I'm torn between going with a good set of heads / cam, and fast 90 /90 set up, OR going with a turbo kit, Hard decision. I've replaced that axle for the time being. I've got a Q45 diff ready to go on, already got my axles made and companion flanges waiting to go on. AZZCar is out of stock of the Mustache bars though. Thats my only set back for now. I've also got a new dyno video up now as well.

IC...not knockin his Z just thought the situation was very amusing. I went with the 78mm cuz a buddy sold it to me for $400. I personaly like heads cam due to weight savings...but to each his own. I have the diff and flanges as well but have yet to order up any other parts yet. I want to figure out what I'm going to do about going to 5 lug and new brakes first.