HybridZ

Vids of my 420rwhp LS1 280z at the track.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This car is more of a go fast ---> get safe type of deal...LOL

My full exhaust system is kinda janky and through the muffler it made 370rwhp but with the electric cutouts open it made 426rwhp and 407 rwtq. All this was on a DYNAPACK Dynamometer the one where you unbolt the wheels. It was tuned very quickly (it was like 3am) and isn't running too much timing and AFR was around 12.5...I think theres a bit more in it.

Sounds kinda high MPH for Cali speedway. Maybe at a track with a better DA. I suppose it's possible. I was either having to shift very lightly or shift at 5k into 2nd and 3rd to keep from spinning (non-posi).

You ran those times all motor right? Have you ever run on the nitrous?(seems like you had the bottle in Mexico) I've seen your vids in Sac...whats not to believe? 1.6 60ft is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ awesome.

The specs on my signature is what my car has ever since it was good to run, I have never runned NOS....I would rather supercharged it!!!

with those numbers you should be at mid tens...Mas280 runned the 10.8 on a stock clutch,I now have a Textralia wich should make it go a bit faster cause it wont slip.

• 3 months later...

I would have to agree, but it was closer than it appeared I started in 3rd and missed 4th the first race, then in the second race I started in 3rd grabbed 4th but then missed 5th. But yeah that thing moves. Every time I'd shift (when I wasnt missing gears :P)I'd drop back just a touch...that 14k redline just pulls and pulls.

So you are driving an unregistered car while street racing. If you get caught don't complain when you go to jail.

You have been to the track to race in a safe, legal environment so you can test your car.

I guess the rest is just to get your rocks off or prove your manhood.

Tom

LOL your funny. It is registered. I do race at the track. I'm not proving anything...just having fun. Have a nice day.:2thumbs:

So you are driving an unregistered car while street racing. If you get caught don't complain when you go to jail.

You have been to the track to race in a safe, legal environment so you can test your car.

I guess the rest is just to get your rocks off or prove your manhood.

Tom

Yea, I know it is harsh. But being the guy who has to go notify loved ones that their little Johnny or Susie is not coming home because they were killed in a car crash it is hard to see people posting street racing videos on a forum where most of the admins do not condone that type of action.

You can live your own life but remember your actions affect more than just you.

Being SAFE is all I want for all people on the roads.

Tom

nice.

but i think you're going to need something bigger or stickier than that.

loved the vids.

love the car!

you aint kiddin...and Thank you!

Yea, I know it is harsh. But being the guy who has to go notify loved ones that their little Johnny or Susie is not coming home because they were killed in a car crash it is hard to see people posting street racing videos on a forum where most of the admins do not condone that type of action.

You can live your own life but remember your actions affect more than just you.

Being SAFE is all I want for all people on the roads.

Tom

Sorry Tom, I'm 31 now and have been "having fun" for around 10 years. No wrecks no tickets no problems...knock on wood. I would much rather keep it on the track but in my area the track is a 1-2 hour drive, is only open like once a month and you usually only get about 3 runs due to how many people are there. Until they open some tracks in this area I and others will continue to street race.

Yo Edan, yessir I sure did. You coming out Friday? I hear Austin has been out in the GTO.

I'll definatley try to come out this friday. I always run into somthing at the last minute. Austin stopped by my house a week ago to give me a ride in his gto. It was fast but still needed major tweeking! I woulden't consider it done yet, but don't tell him i said that.

Anyway can't wait to get a ride in your car.:mrgreen:

I think nosmo makes that rear mustach bar for arizona z car. if you look at site sponsers you can find nosmo.

Thank you for the heads up! I've been calling AZZCAR for over 4 months now getting the same answer, "Call back in 3 weeks". I don't like the re-drilled stock bar idea.

• 5 months later...

latest run: http://www.motorgen.com//vid/showphoto.php/photo/869

only difference was a Q45 VLSD and 235/45/17s continentals from the 195/70/14s old junk(12.3@120). I still only 60ft'd 2.1 but was able to shift into second without tons of tire spin.

http://www.motorgen.com//vid/showphoto.php/photo/909

on this run I got a 1.9 60ft but missed 3rd...grrr. Woulda been a 11.5-11.6 had I not missed it.:cuss:

Only got 3 runs in my 12 hrs spent at the track :-(

On a posiitive note the track is about 70 miles from my house and I averaged 26 mpg that tank which includes the racing, averaging 90 mph on the way there and about 70 mph on the way home:mrgreen: