HybridZ

List of Lightest Cars for a project.

cyrus

List of Lightest Cars

I am considering a new project. I need a light car for a motorcycle engine swap. I thought I could find it on the web, but I can not. Pre Smog only 1974 and older.

So here is goes

Mazda RX-2

Datsun 510

Datusn 240 Z

Toyota Celica?

Opel GT

210 Honey Bee

Honda Civic CVCC (Thanks Cobra Tim)

Honda s600/800 (Thanks Cobra Tim)

Help me out

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MG Midget

Triumph Spitfire

Nash Metro

Bugeye Sprite

Original Mini Cooper

If you can find or afford one:

Lotus Elan

Lotus Europa

If your looking at 240Z's which are 2350 lbs, you could probably consider the following (not sure, but guessing they'll be in the same ballpark):

MG A or B

MG TC or TD (that would be a sleeper)

Triumph TR2, 3, 4, 6

My vote would be for a honda N600/Z600, they are cheap for what they are and since your swapping the engine out anyway it wont be a big deal to search out replacement parts...there is a 360 on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-NIII-S-JDM-1972-Honda-N360-NIII-S-Hatchback-N400-N600-Civic_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6260QQihZ016QQitemZ260247695349QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ht_7639wt_0

I would avoid the S600 models as they command a much higher price and are worth much more stock than modified.

Fiat 500 would be fun and very unique.

fiat_500_23_07_06.jpg

Any 7 style car would be super fun. not only that but Moto conversions into 7 style cars is well documented so there is plenty of support out there.

Opel kadett wagon would be fun...they are small, have tiny engine bays and can be very cool machines, they might be a bit to heavy for you though.

BMW 700? now that would be fun, RWD already setup to be aircooled with a moto engine, ultra small. fun machines that can be had cheap.

bmw_700_1.jpg

Frog Eye sprite

Healey sprite

bug10.jpg

I wouldnt even bother with a 240Z, 510, or celica. I would go with something that forces you to use a space saving package and also something that no one would ever expect to be fast or even remotely quick..what kind of fun would it be to race someone in a moto powered 240z?