HybridZ

Turbo Upgrade

whew41

Hi everyone,

The forth of July is approaching and so is my engine upgrade. I will be installing a turbo engine along with a inter cooler. I have already picked up a new garrett T3 turbo to put on the car. My buddy and I will be doing the change over. Once we get the car running my plan is to upgrade to the mega squirt system for better management of the engine. Here is what my ride looks today,

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/whew41/

Any pointers would be helpful in this upgarde and thanks in advance.

Jim

North Carolina

Your car is not turbo charged currently per the pics. Are you going to get all the Turbo car electronics, AFM, FP, Injectors, Dist., Oil Pump, Dist. Drive gear, Exhaust MF, etc.... First?

The electronics will be upgarded along with the AFM and the injectors, dizzy and the others. The exhaust will remain the same. The tranny is a BW T5

• 5 weeks later...

Well to give you all a update so far. My buddy and I worked on the car over the 4th of July and we worked on her for 3 days. Rewired all of the injectors with a Buick quick disconnect harness, a custom fuel rail. Of course had to run new wires for the boost gauages and some of the other bells and whistes. Looking to get her back this weekend. In California working right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we got the engine in and installed a Pallnet fuel rail. Rewired all the injectors with a quick disconnect that we got off of a Buick. Started right up then the plugs were getting soaked with gas. Found out it was the cylinder temp senors was not grounded. Took care of that then we have 1/2 qt of oil every nine minutes comesing out the exhaust. Found out the pcv was bad changed that out and then she was ok. She will be back on the road 8-9-08 one day after my 51 brithday wooo....?action=view&current=GEDC0381.jpg

?action=view&current=GEDC0351.jpg

Happy Birthday and congrats on getting it running.

Well we got the engine in and installed a Pallnet fuel rail. Rewired all the injectors with a quick disconnect that we got off of a Buick. Started right up then the plugs were getting soaked with gas. Found out it was the cylinder temp senors was not grounded. Took care of that then we have 1/2 qt of oil every nine minutes comesing out the exhaust. Found out the pcv was bad changed that out and then she was ok. She will be back on the road 8-9-08 one day after my 51 brithday wooo....?action=view&current=GEDC0381.jpg

?action=view&current=GEDC0351.jpg