HybridZ

Disco Potato (GT28RS)

RayG1988

Has anyone here ever used one of these before? I know they're amazing, and have used them on SR's and KA's but I've never used them on an L series and I was wondering if any of you had used them and how our engines react to them.

I'm being offered two one thats .64 housing and the other one with .86. I'm really tempted to do it but I've noticed that no one here has really made a build with these bad boys. My current turbo is really bad right now and I'd like to keep something that has really fast spool times and when it comes to quick spooling the GT28RS I know does the job.

I just searched "Disco Potato", "GT28RS", "GT28 Turbo", "Garret GT28" and various other search terms and all I get are a bunch of KA and SR threads and even a VG thread.

I'm just in the market for a turbo and wanted that spooled fast and the GT28RS is something I've used before. Just not in this application.

I have a full kit for sale if you wanna buy. I bought it off a member here, and the quality is TOP notch, I just can't use it with my current setup. PM me if your interested. It would be right around the price you would pay for an RS, but is definitly will outperform the RS.

my old kit?

WAY too small of a turbo to make big power on an L.

Not getting it anymore, I knew it was small hence why I asked. I just wanted something that spooled relatively fast. savage offered me the kit I was looking for a few months ago and I decided to take it since thats what I originally wanted.