HybridZ

the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

You know, I actually had az 2jz turbo up and running in a MKIII with MSII using stock sensors and stock COP. They drove the damn thing onto the trailer, took it to another shop for some other work, and then they screwed up something feirce on the MSII or the harness to the point where it wouldnt fire and yanked it to go AEM. Idiots.

MSII isnt that hard to install, just takes a little patience. Not plug and play, but also about 1/4 the price of even the cheapest "brand name" EMS.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just Ordered my AEM EMS system from Turbochargers.com Had to take out a small loan on the credit card to do it even tho i got a great deal on it!! THANKS JOHN.

Seriously guys call up Turbochargers.com and get stuff from them... I have used them a few times on this build and have been great!

As for the EMS...NOW i gotta learn how to use it!!!! anyone got and maps they could send me?

No problem at all man, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for endorsement!

As far as maps, I'm inclined to say that since you have the new hotness (Series II EMS) they Series I maps will not simply upload to your EMS. I'm not 100% sure though, call AEM and speak to Ed over there. He's the electronics tech support guy and should be able to answer that questions.

Today i got the car running with the AEM EMS installed. The smoke is almost gone without even tuning the motor at idol. I have to re-install the ecu through the firewall and then possibly take it for a spin and start tuning!!!! one problem i found now that its running better is it over heats!!! i must have air in the system... any ideas????

Today i got the car running with the AEM EMS installed. The smoke is almost gone without even tuning the motor at idol. I have to re-install the ecu through the firewall and then possibly take it for a spin and start tuning!!!! one problem i found now that its running better is it over heats!!! i must have air in the system... any ideas????
Could be running too lean now. Or maybe the cooling system was messed up previously but the mixture wasn't getting hot enough for overheating to be an issue. Using the coolant port at the back of the head, you shouldn't have a difficult time exiting any air.

• 2 weeks later...

well i already have replaced the thermostat i dont get it the car runs like crap now...thought it may be the spark plugs fowled but i took them out and cleaned them and it didnt make a difference. when i started to over heat it got to 220 degrees then i shut it down...could i have damaged something at that temp? i dont think i could have but i dunno

Thermostat issue, Water pump, air pockets. Those are the things Id check frist, make sure it's all plumed right. If your running too lean there could be an issue too i guess but I assume its pretty close. 220 wont have cause any issue in a short amount of time.

alright well i know for a fact its not running lean from all the black smoke and my airfuel meter is reading very rich. oh and the smell of gas lol. right now i think i need to change the sprk plugs again! for the 3rd time because they are getting so fowled with the rich conditions.

Now your running a standalone correct?

Your plugs are not causing you to overheat. like mentioned above its

probabaly something simple like an air pocket. I would try taking the thermostat out and see what happens. if you don't have the tools to do it take it to a shop and have them bleed and pressure check the coolant system. once that is done if it still overheats the next thing you might need to is look at is if you installed the head gasket correctly. not sure on the 2J but if you install an rb26 HG wrong you can block off passages and create an overheating condition.

And if you are running a standalone now take it to a dyno and get it base tuned. if will save you lots of tie and money in the long run. my base tune took around 2 hours and it was ready for the track.