the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is the biggest tb I have ever seen.......how bad is the lag going to be?

Its a duel ceramic ball bearing...so its supposed to be the fastest spooling turbo Turbonetics has ever made. The GTK series is thier Highest end turbo... AS for the trottle body..i dont know how its goin to affect everything.

Aren't you using the TTT rear-end setup????

if you are post some pics of it installed it is already

i have no idea what im going to do with the rear end....right now im just trying to get the car mobile...it has a r200 long nose in it and if i weld it i wont have to worry about breaking it...but then again i dont really want to risk gettn sideways on a freeway with a welded diff at 100mph....sooo im prob goign to find a 1.5 lsd set up.

I ask the company who made it (wotm) and they said it will be fine..what could i do if i feel i need to?

If WOTM made it, then I would trust it. If they bought it from China and repackaged it, then I would add a couple of braces from the turbo flange to the manifold flange.

If WOTM made it, then I would trust it. If they bought it from China and repackaged it, then I would add a couple of braces from the turbo flange to the manifold flange.

ok ill check it out...one thing im doing now is the wiring harness..where the heck do i put the computor?? the wires all go to the drivers side instead of the pass side.

where the heck do i put the computor?? the wires all go to the drivers side instead of the pass side.

I've seen computers placed in watertight metal boxes in the cowl of a S30 with the laptop connection run through a small hole in the passenger compartment side of firewall and the main engine harness connector mounted on the engine side of the firewall. Looked real clean.

i am going to do that john..i was checking out the area by the clutch pump. Im thinkning of mounting the ecu there in a box and running the HKS systems off that intot he car. As for the r154..yes i do expect the trany to blow up...but they have held 700hp with no issues in supras and lexus's both weight 1000lbs more the the Z.

ok guys...heres the update..the car is OUT OF THE SHOP..the engine mount is made...the exhaust is installed...the turbo is installed..the waste gate is installed...the down pipe is installed...the intercooler piping is going to be done next week..

seeing everything installed in its final location...honest is starting to freak me out!!!!!!!! I cant believe what im acctually building and its starting to become a car again. seeing the HUGE turbo sittn there...and the down pipe off of it...really is freaky! I cant imagine how fast this thing is goinna be

• 2 weeks later...

Alright...im not getting down to starting the car up...What did you guys do as far as wiring? are there diagrams out there that can help me mate the 2jz into my car?????? and what about the interior stuff? i took out the engine wiring harness and sold that with my l28? did that screw myself?

Alright...im not getting down to starting the car up...What did you guys do as far as wiring? are there diagrams out there that can help me mate the 2jz into my car?????? and what about the interior stuff? i took out the engine wiring harness and sold that with my l28? did that screw myself?
I had a FSM for the 1971 240Z and a FSM for the Toyota Supra that I got the motor and harness out of.

You will NEED those two things.

In the 240Z the headlight harness and engine harness are integral I had to take apart the harness to find the proper wires and integrate them into my harness. If your 280Z harness is like the 240Z harness, you will need to get another harness, at least to make the front lighting easier on yourself. My Alternator is a system unto itself, although I did hook up the Amp meter, and all the factory temp and oil pressure gauges, just to make it look kinda stock. Put a Boost gauge where the clock was and a few more gauges in the glovebox along with the WB wiring.

Also many State side Supra owners that buy JDM front cuts extend the harness to make the harness run thru the firewall in the same place as a LHD car. Sounds like a good idea if it will fit under the cowl cover, just make sure your wiper linkage doesn't interfere.

If your using the stock tach you will need to do something there. I stole the guts out of a MK3 gauge cluster, the COP setup of the 2JZ will definitely not work with the stock tach. If your going with aftermarket gauges to make all the other gauges work will be the easy part. The hard part will be if you want to keep the factory gauges and all that.

For the Speedo your in luck that should hook right up to the R154 no problem. Your speedo might be off a little bit, but at least it will work.