the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will it is on the list of things for this summer. I am waiting on a decision for a trans your kind of the ginny pig I want to see hoe the upgraded R154 does with those kinds of numbers in our cars. If yours blows I will prob just go Turbo400.

well if mine blows ill just have a r154 built by Marlin crawlers. They build r154s for rock crawln.

I will it is on the list of things for this summer. I am waiting on a decision for a trans your kind of the ginny pig I want to see hoe the upgraded R154 does with those kinds of numbers in our cars. If yours blows I will prob just go Turbo400.

it is a cell phone!!!! lol its not like i planned for the motor to actually run on the first try!!!!!! lol i will get a better quality video when its all ready to be driven. gott bleed brakes...clutch... soder up the wiring...figure out the throttle cabel...plug some coolant leaks...finish the exhaust.... and it should be driveable at that point

• 2 weeks later...

ok!!! bled the brakes/clutch and the car moved for the first time today under its own POWER!!!! still not driveable tho... need to wire the electric fans...do some relays for the ecu..AND i NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! with the wiring from the alternator.... i 3 wires to choose from...a Red with blue line....a WHITE and a YEllOW....which wire is the trigger wire for the alternator to start charging????

I had the same alternator problem with my swap. I just put a volt meter on the battery and jumped each one of the 3 wires one at a time until the alternator started to put out 14 volts. Mine ended up being the black/yellow wire, but that is on a 1jz.

Nice build . I just read all 9 pages keep it up. Iam sure you have learned allot while doing this. I know I did just from reading. This information through the whole build is really good for people wanting to swap a 1jz or 2jz

well thank you. Dont be fooled tho...it has NOT been an easy build and dont recommend taking on this kind of build without talking to people who have done it before....

John with betamotorsports Has helped me a few times even after buying his cross member. THANKS JOHN!

HYBRIDZ MEMBERS!!!!

Z-gad has helped me with many technical questions.

SCottie-gnz

SlownRusty

240z 478

Stony

Gookboi

majaik6160

AND EVERYONE who posted thier ideas and answers... :icon2:I COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hail: SO THANK YOU

Andrew with Suprastore.com has helped.

Titanmotorsports helped with my parts list.

A1-imports (local shop) has helped my ALOT with wiring and running my engine managment system.

and OF COURSE...TONS of friends...i could NEVER have done with without my buddies...this project has been a great time hanging with friends and grinding on my car.

Monday i have reserved a trailer set up and im BRINGING THE CAR HOME. to start tuning and cleaning lol :burnout:

• 3 weeks later...

alright driving the Z around now...a bad cam sensor and incorrect wiring on the #2 cylinder injector were giving me huge problems....now i feel the HKS VPC and GCC set up i am running is way to inadequate for my 1000cc injectors.... at Idol the car puts out enough black smoke to fill the street. i have set both the VPC and GCC to max LEAN and it doesnt seem to help. am i doing something wrong or do i REALLY need to buy a 2,000 dollar computor??????