HybridZ

Carbon Fiber Needs?

RedFive

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HONEST TO GOD!.... if somebody shows me a link or someone with a 280z CARBON FIBER GOOD (with the grillz) im down to buy that ♥♥♥♥... i want a 280z carbon fiber hood with the grilz for my Series ONE Z... that would look BAD ASS! i say you guy smake these. i got 5 on it. that youl have buyers left and right for those hoods

HONEST TO GOD!.... if somebody shows me a link or someone with a 280z CARBON FIBER GOOD (with the grillz) im down to buy that ♥♥♥♥... i want a 280z carbon fiber hood with the grilz for my Series ONE Z... that would look BAD ASS! i say you guy smake these. i got 5 on it. that youl have buyers left and right for those hoods

Umm.. only 240z hoods are available.. you will have to buy or retrofit the louvers on

• 2 months later...

Yes, very time and money consuming.

You have to figure, to make a carbon part, you essentially have to make 3 perfect parts.

1. The plug

2. The mold

3. The actual part.

This is an extremely long process, as anything in the first two steps will have an adverse effect on the outcome of the product.

• 1 month later...

It's not all talk. I know exactly how difficult it is to make CF parts because I have a lot of experience in the aircraft industry. The reason nothing ever happened was because nobody showed enough interest in one part. Everybody wanted one of this or that. I'd love to make parts for Z cars, but I can't justify making just one or two of something.

Perhaps commucincation could have been better.

It's not all talk. I know exactly how difficult it is to make CF parts because I have a lot of experience in the aircraft industry. The reason nothing ever happened was because nobody showed enough interest in one part. Everybody wanted one of this or that. I'd love to make parts for Z cars, but I can't justify making just one or two of something.

Or try to produce something that has already been made, cheaper with the same quality or better quality with the same price... eh?

Ive been looking at getting a 260z/280z carbon fiber taillight panel for some time now but from all the bad feedback from paulo, which currently is the only one producing this item, I am VERY hesitant. If you can produce a quality taillight panel for the 260/280z and sell it for the same price you would probably have buyers, or maybe for cheaper with excellent quality.

You just have to act willing and put yourself out there if you want this to happen. Communication, enthusiam,... etc.