HybridZ

Stuck throttle on 280Z?

WalterPeck

I have a '77 280Z, and the throttle pedal works great... unless I push it all the way to the floor, then it gets "stuck" which is to say it doesn't retract very quickly. It seems to retract in slow motion for about an inch of play then snaps right back up, meanwhile my revs climb like crazy as you would expect. What should I be looking for that would be causing this resistance (or lack thereof)?

I'd lube up all the ball socket joints with some grease. You can disconnect the rods at different places and see how things work at full throttle, starting at the throttle body and working back. Check to see if the pedal itself might be hanging up at the pivot. Should be able to find the problem.

Sounds like a plan. Is there anything I should be hunting for in hard to reach places down by the firewall, or points that will require taking apart the interior to get at? Also, do the ball joins pop apart to be lubed or should I just lubricate them as is? Thanks for all the help, guys.