HybridZ

Ben's ls6 swap shaved z =)

I have not Been a avid poster but I do get on daily and read alot of posts. I love the info here and have learned alot here. The whole car was striped down to bare metal cleaned all the holes were shave rear bumper,marker lights, door handles, rear hatch only thing I have not shaved and cant decide on is the drip rails. I have a c6 vett motor with a built viper transmission converted to a corvette bellhousing ect. The viper tranny is shorter and let me pull the motor back even further. I used the stock vette motor mounts and made custom motor mounts, they were welded on and smothed in They turned out sooper beefy and I think they add a great amount of strength and support. The stock cross member still bolts in and fits and the ears hanging down are just as far down as the front cross member so clearence should not be a problem. This is what I have done so far DSCN1363.jpg

I stripped the car down to metal and shaved and closed up some holesDSCN1362.jpg

I painted the car first with ppg dplf epoxy primer to seal it it, then k36 on top of that then a guide cote to find any small dents or imperfections finding a clean shell shure makes things easy i didnt have to weld on the chasis but it was only to fill in holes or gaps no rust =)

wterfll006.jpg

Here Is teh motor mount from inside the fender well, I have only drilled the top hole because I wante to make shure I have my motor exzactly where I want it before I drill those. It does not look to sharp in the picture but I used upole truck bed liner to coat the bottom of the whole car, I love this stuff it feels soo slick like plastic and is stong as heck ! easy to clean 088.jpg

• 2 months later...

The car is back from paint, I put u-pol 2 part beadliner 2 layers for protection,moister, and sound, the inside was covered in E-dead liquid sound deadner, this stuff is great, sticks like mad and makes the regular sound deadner rolls stick better then I have ever seen. really quiets things up. so I have done a bit more work so heres some pics! The color is house of kolors lime time pearl, using a white base and a very pearly grean in pics it looks flat, in the sun it goes from gold to yellow to green, pictures do not do this color justice ! it took 4 quarts white four quarts lime time pearl, when you do the engine bay it really sucks up the paint. I used the house of colors flow klear in a downdraft bake booth =) really came out like glass.

018.jpg

027.jpg

025.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...