HybridZ

MS2 wont reflash properly

flames_187

So i finally get a OK tune wit MS and decide to but my interior back together...i turn the car on to listen to the radio while doing it and notice the MS isnt turning on...reading from past post i check for power then decide to reboot the firmware...now im getting the signature "a" and portcheck is doing the same...I followed the reboot steps word for word...this happened to me before and i sent it to DIY just for them to reboot it and work perfect... the steps i did were :

1. turn power off

2. put the bootloader pin in b/ld then turn power back on

3. use the downloader 2.0 software and upload my 2.885 ver

4. close software

5. turn off power

6. remove b/ld

7. turn back on

then nothing happens

sometimes it cant load the firmware then sometimes it does but same results...

anybody had this happen to them...i would hate to have to send the board back to DIY

• 4 years later...

MSII users -

I am down here in NC visiting JR (flames) for the weekend and trying to quickly learn MS to get this car fired up today before I fly back to NYC.

The car had been sitting for alomst 1.5 yrs now and was running last. Since I have been here, we cleaned up some wiring and fixed some fuel issues. The car needed a new battery and when we went to start the car I realized there wasn't any spark. The car ran last when parked. JR followed his exact steps in post 1 and here we are again.....no start and no lights from the ECU.

I have verified, all fuses are good, relays are good, serial port works, power to the ecu connector BUT no I am searching and looking how to verify power on the board. We don't have a stim here to help check the ecu. Huge learning curve here for me so I am going to check the chips next. What I am comfused about, if we load the firmware using downloader 2.0 and the serial port is connected to nothing.....it shows as if it is downloading to something. The verification comes back as A. If we connect the serial port to the ECU, same exact result. So I am guess the loader isn't even seeing the ECU......will update later.

Edited by EvilC

Just finished the check of the serial port cable.

Verified it was a straight through cable.

Got ground signal on pin 5, however did not get it on pin 9. Also did not get 5V on pin 1.

On the U6 MAX2323 chip there is no 5V signal from any of the pins, there for I am going back to check the DB37 connection into the ECU and verify what each pin out is suppose to be................

Fig'd out that the relay wasn't making good connection all the time to the board itself causing the ECU to drop signal while downloading files to it. The help guide was great and it took a while going through it and beyond to test all conenction points but it clearly let us know there was an issue with power to the ECU.

Got that squared away and I ran out of time, the last issue before start up was the no signal to the tach - so no sparky to make the engine run. Hopefully JR you can get that going soon.....car has been sitting for too long! Gotta get you hooked up with local Z guys for some events! :wink: