HybridZ

My 240 got carjacked friday

boy if my baby was stolen and I found out who stole it, hybridz would probably be getting my emails from the state pen, me and my old pal smith and wesson dont take kindly to people taking other peoples property as specially my 240z, and on that note it looks like your z can be brought back to health, and its great that you got your engine back, all you need is a little time and patience and it will be on its way to recovery.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

So here i am about to start getting my car back together.. what happened to all the z cars all over i can't find parts any place.. every junk yard around is full of bmw and mercedes not 1 datsun anyplace.. tried 6 junk yards..

So here i am about to start getting my car back together.. what happened to all the z cars all over i can't find parts any place.. every junk yard around is full of bmw and mercedes not 1 datsun anyplace.. tried 6 junk yards..

then one option is to roll with the punches, is there a fairly common, sporty light weight bmw , JAGUAR or ACURA or mercedes you can find with a large engine bay,that a decent large American V8 can be installed in?

never limit your options, think thru your choices and budget, and parts availability, stick a 454 bbc in a BMW, ACURA or mercedes or JAG and there potential for a fun car

a nice ten year old 2000 jag xkr with a blown drive train seems like an option if you can locate one in a salvage yard, or on craigs list

Edited by grumpyvette

• 3 weeks later...

There is a junkyard here in Taos, New Mexico that has two 280Z's from the looks of it. I drive by it frequently.

Tell me, what are you looking for? I'll check it out and see if I can get prices.

• 7 months later...