HybridZ

Wrecked my 260zt(updated WITH PICS!!)

jeffer949

Well, I was going to say something when I first saw the thread, but I know I've had my fair share of accidents (none of wich are actually recorded as me "at fault" but I know one I definately could have prevented, and I'd been driving 4 months at the time), and I learned from my mistakes. Nobody had to yell at me in order for me to get the picture, I also didn't have to share my revelation with the world.

I was just not gonna say anything in hopes that he'd figure it out for himself.

I think bjhines was a bit harsh, but it's what a lot of us are thinking. I for one don't have room to talk like he does. I don't have serious racing experience, but I know I could handle my car if need be, but I also know I'm smart enough to not put myself into a pickle like that.

I don't think bjhines will hold a grudge against jeffer949, but like some of us, he just wants some form of proof that he's learned something from this and is going to take steps in preventing it from happening again.

We all make mistakes. Idiocy is not trying to learn from them. We don't call an infant an idiot because they touched the stove... It's when they want to keep touching it time and time again that we wonder about their mental health...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt say anything about what he did being safe, just I was amazed he stated that publicly. I just thought it was a little harsh.

And honestly, I doubt jeff is the craziest driver on the roads, If I didnt want a family membe driving next to jeff I doubt Id want my family member driving period.

I didnt say anything about what he did being safe, just I was amazed he stated that publicly. I just thought it was a little harsh.

And honestly, I doubt jeff is the craziest driver on the roads, If I didnt want a family membe driving next to jeff I doubt Id want my family member driving period.

I don't mean anything personal towards jeffer. I am just looking at the facts as he posted now and prevoiusly. We have all done crazy things on the roads that we should not have done, although I would hope that most never lost it and took other cars out!

Tom

I disagree on your comments bjhines.

I just recently watched some of the BEST drivers on Speed channel on a closed BMW course attempt to drift around a wet circle. Almost all of them had problems until they practiced. I understand your point, but there are always variables that YOU as a driver have no control over. (Fresh rain, drivers in your way, oily road etc.)

How do you know the exact piece of pavement that he slid on didn't receive some sort of oil spill or accident earlier that day?

I experienced a very similar situation on a Fresh rain day, doing about the same speed, but in my front wheel drive Dodge neon. I changed one lane and the backend just slipped right out. I was shocked, but was able to save it. (Tires where almost new).

Additionally, Jeff may have not stated everything accurately, nor do you know his skills or background. It's easy to say (think) one thing and type something else on the internet.

First of all. Your a dick. secondly i didnt do one big swoosh 3 lane transfer. i did it one at a time. And I absolutely wasn't trying to show off. Who would i be showing off to? How do you know that i haven't ever done a HPDE? So how about you stick to what you actually know about the situation which isnt much and go into a hole

First of all. Your a dick. secondly i didnt do one big swoosh 3 lane transfer. i did it one at a time. And I absolutely wasn't trying to show off. Who would i be showing off to? How do you know that i haven't ever done a HPDE? So how about you stick to what you actually know about the situation which isnt much and go into a hole

:ugg:

I think he had a bad day lol, but yeah he has no idea what really went on so he shouldn't comment like that.

...when i corrected to go straight again my back end broke loose(it was wet). Tried to steer into it and power it out .....

Jeffer, before you start going on about your driving skills, this statement says alot about them. You don't step on the gas in a rear drive car when the back end steps out.

ok, Sorry for the rant. I don't usually come off like that but I am frustrated at the fact that the poster never includes the critical information that leads up to the loss of control.

Fast lane changes in the rain are guaranteed to get you OFF. Some rain HPDE experience would go a long way towards understanding just how little traction you have in a rainy situation. I don't particularly like driving on a race track in the rain. Tires become critical and usually the opposite type than what you have on your wheels. I have managed to have a full tread set of RA-1s on an alternate set of wheels for short periods of time. Having them on a rainy day is GOLD!.

That said. You can easily change lanes within the traction limits of just about any car in virtually any condition. If you are in conditions bad enough to get into a slip situation you would have already had plenty of warning to slow down and find high ground.

This wreck was driver induced and involved another vehicle, which is taboo on the race track as well.

I would suggest taking any insurance money you recieve and placing it in your savings account. Fix the car out of pocket because you will repay the money they give you with interest over the next 3 years. You will need money to fix the car and pay interest.

BJhines, Your posts are of personal attack and uncalled for. You have NO idea of everything that happend simply because you were not there. With all do respect , who the heck are you to tell someone to sell there car? Crap happens even for GREAT drivers.

Jeffer949 is a solid guy, no need to bash on him. He explained the circumstances and it's obvious that it was just a misunderstanding. This guy is no Nick Hogan, I've looked at previous posts and how he's worked on his Z and I don't see why anyone like him would do something so retarded. He even said it himself he did the turns one at a time. These cars have very little safety equipment, it was an honest mistake. Even if he had done it on purpose and lost control over "showing off", don't you think he would have learned due to the damage he suffered? Honestly, who the hell do you think you are to demand proof of him learning his lesson?

Honestly, please SHUT THE ♥♥♥♥ UP.

I am someone who knows how to drive, I teach people to drive at the limits on race tracks. I have driven nearly everything allowed on roads and some things that are not. I have loaded bulldozers on and off trailers. I have operated hinged-body loaders and pan scrapers. I have held every motor vehicle liscense class at one time or another. I have driven 70,000 lbs tractor trailers over mountains, through a hurricane, and over bridges that would clip the mirrors on BOTH-SIDES. I have sailed multi-masted boats from Florida to Venezuela and back. I can paralell-park a 50 foot sailboat with wind alone. I was jumping motorcycles when I was 8 years old. I have driven literally dozens of performance cars AT THEIR LIMITS and shown experienced drivers from other countries how to get fast on our local tracks.

The poster never admits the OBVIOUS!!!! He made a stupid decision and f@#ked up his car AND SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR in the process.

The thing that kepted me from posting similar with bjhines is that what lead up to the accident was left out.

Assuming that was done on purpose it sort of inplys guilt. That kept bothering me.

So expose the details honestly and let the truth pervail.

Remember even with the best drivers they will aknowlage there short comings, how else can you grow.

Ok i just went and read my original post. What more information do you need? time of day? around 5pm. Need to know why i was driving on the interstate? do i need a reason? no but it was because i was coming home from a poker tournament. Was i speeding? No. posted speed limit was 70 i was going 75 and i was getting passed by people. Road conditions. IT hadnt rained in a long time and it maybe had slightly rained for about an hour and wasnt enough to wash the roads off. Did i change lanes and punch the throttle? no i cant do that on wet roads my tires break loose instantly. So does that give enough "background"? tell me what you want to know if not.

I never said i was the best driver in the world. But i do know that this is the first time i have ever not been able to save an out control situation on the street. that even includes getting clipped in the rear in a ford ranger and putting me into a side going down the highway. I saved it and kept it on the road with out hitting anybody.

And as far as all your accomplishments. would you like me to have my dad dig up how many state and regional Motorcross championships ive won? Or how many track days ive been to on street bikes? Sure i dont have that much experience in cars yet but im not stupid and i would never do something on purpose that would put others in danger. Im not one that is afraid to put myself in danger but I have enough respect for people to not put them in danger.

Ok i just went and read my original post. What more information do you need? time of day? around 5pm. Need to know why i was driving on the interstate? do i need a reason? no but it was because i was coming home from a poker tournament. Was i speeding? No. posted speed limit was 70 i was going 75 and i was getting passed by people.

Yes, you were speeding, the speed limit was 70, not 75. so what if everyone else was speeding, thats their stupid error.

Road conditions. IT hadnt rained in a long time and it maybe had slightly rained for about an hour and wasnt enough to wash the roads off.

So it had only just started raining, that means the oils in the road would have just started soaking back up onto the surface.

Down here in almost permanent drought conditions, the lightest rains can make the roads very slippery, and the majority of the drivers know it.

Did i change lanes and punch the throttle? no i cant do that on wet roads my tires break loose instantly.

so you have an issue with your tyres??

As in insufficient tread depth? uneven wearing? compound too hard (cheap tyres) and you know the issue exists, yet as you claim, you were still speeding on a wet road?

Nobody is saying you need to be the best driver in the world, but i do agree with BJ that maybe some more driver training would be a good idea.

simple fact was, you were doing 'some' aspects in the wrong, and as a result, an accident occurred.

Just for the sake of it, lets just imagine that your accident caused a fatality in that mazda6?

so what if the driver was stoned, and drinking, while driving blindfolded, YOU hit them, and YOU were doing over the speed limit, meaning in any court of law, YOU would be responsible for their death.

i know, sounds harsh, and its very easy to look at the situation as an outsider and criticize, but just be aware that thats what the cops, insurance, courts, random people ect will do.

^^Hummm.

Not sure about that.

Look, I have never had something so mandaune happen to me in my life.

I really would like to know how a simple lane change could cause such a volital response from your car??

^^ That is my original post.

I will now add more, Niz, you have made absoulte and spectulative satements based on 5 over.

You have not bothered with difinitive evidence and pondered futher.

I believe that things don't add up, but that is not give me reason to castigate a member.

I suppose it could happen if the car suddenly hydroplaned, but I don't know the exact conditions for hydroplaning a car except it doesn't take much standing water to do it. I felt my bug hydroplane once, but I was going on a straight freeway so I didn't have to much problems since the little bug was gutless. or something like that.