HybridZ

How I spent my Saturday. (tearing up a Z)

Gollum

Well, sorry I didn't get more pictures, but you get the idea.

280ZStart.jpg

Owner was a brother of a friend of mine and he'd bought it more than 5 years ago for $50 not running, found the battery ternimals reversed and fixed it and drove it. It only drove for about 5 months and then it died on him and it just sat. And sat. And sat.

So he found out I own a Z and said I could come by whenever I want to take anything I want before he cuts it up for recycle. He lives a good 2.5 hours away from me, so it took a couple months before a Saturday showed up that was free so I could make the trip up there.

Here's what it looked like while I was packing up my tools.

280ZFinish.jpg

I took the complete doors, fenders, headlight buckets, hood, tail lights, and lots of other little bits. Some of it I plan to sell, some I plan to keep. When he cuts it up he's going to pull the diff and axles for me to keep.

I spent about $90 filling up the truck on gas (ouch!) and gave him $40 out of good favor for his time and letting me pick at the car. When we wrapped up we went for a dip at a local river swimming spot to relax a bit and spend some time with the previously neglected females with us. Good finish to a long day.

Hope everyone else had as good of weekend as I did.

Oh yea, friday night I installed some new headlights with built in turn signals. I'll get pictures of those tonight.

well there's a couple answers why I can't meet such prowess.

1 - There's only so much you can do with hand tools

2 - There's only so much one can fit in the back of a tundra

But seriously, if there's anything left on that car someone wants PM me and I'll see if he can set it aside.