HybridZ

My car is finally back on the road!

EMWHYR0HEN

After 3 full years of daily driving & being rusty my car's 3/4 year transformation into my weekend/track car is complete ( for now!)

I took the car for a spin today around a few empty parking lots to do some safety tests and everything went well.

Now that my ride height is set I have head to the alignment shop and i'll be back in business.

I also got a surprise on my way back! I stopped at my local recycling yard to get my car weighed. After all my chassis stiffening and efforts to remove weight i'm happy with the car's new weight at 2220 LBS. (all stock glass and body panels, 255/17's all around, odessey 12 lbs battery, r200, NA RB25, gutted interior with roll bar and alum dash, and one fiberglass seat). My previous weight was 2460 with full interior, 14x7's, same powerplant and drivetrain, and a fmilsy old rusy chassis.

Anyone know where I can get a corner balance in socal?

Anyway, I took a few photos and although looks wern't my main priority i'm happy the way everyting came out!

phpSSVcykPM.jpg

phpTzF69wPM.jpg

phpOZoF6dPM.jpg

php3TNwHJPM.jpg

phpdHrtw5PM.jpg

phpIpdoSLPM.jpg

phpkNuUCcPM.jpg

phpHR6WDhPM.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ! That is fantastic! I really really like the look of the car, what you have done is almost what I had pictured in my minds eye was seeing for my car down the road. What colour of white are you using ? Also what kind of wheels are those they look like wantanabes/rota rb's .. ? Man what a nice car.

It looks so gnarly. I love it.

My car will be pretty similar bodywise when finished this summer, I even have similar mirrors...mine are the APR GT3 universal fit. Only differences is that I'm keeping the front bumper, shaved all of the sidemarkers, shaved the antenna and shaved the rear bumper mount on the passenger side and the middle indentation (kept the driver side rear bumper mount to insert a tow hook).

I dont think I'll be as lucky to end up with such a low weight though.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Although I am very happy with how the car looks and appreciate the comments i'm not going to be entirly happy until I know the car performs better. I don't want to get side tracked (it's hard sometimes). I am buiding a track car and not a show queen.

After changing out so many parts I guess i'm still a little curious on how everything is going to work out.

Wish me luck.

Hey myron, can you give us a break down on the car's specs at the old weight? Is it in the S30 weights thread? Reason why is that's almost identical to the weight of my 75' which is stock regarding the chassis/body still with a L28ET.