HybridZ

Project 240Z Turbo ITB Install

S30TRBO

Sorry mate, was reading at work which sometimes (often) means that I'm skimming, trying to catch the major points of a thread. Now that I've read it, I support it!

Well, there isn't really a reason not to I suppose. I just don't see a compelling reason to go to all the extra work/expense for ITBs when a decent plenum performs just as well on a forced induction engine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's actually a performance gain there.

drummingpariah, just as a point of reference, TimZ's car uses ITB's and likely makes more power at ~710bhp than any street driven/driven turbo L28 ever in the history of time. :shock: A large intake plenum on his car might make the similar power but the results of his ITB setup is hard to dispute.

drummingpariah, just as a point of reference, TimZ's car uses ITB's and likely makes more power at ~710bhp than any street driven/driven turbo L28 ever in the history of time. :shock: A large intake plenum on his car might make the similar power but the results of his ITB setup is hard to dispute.

Mighty Bold comment :)

• 2 weeks later...

So after an uneventful weekend I pushed myself a tad bit further back. In my “let’s make it look pretty yet functional†attempt in wrapping the SDS harness I jacked up a few Weatherpack connectors in trying to remove the pins vise cutting and soldering them. On my last two 3 pin connectors and my “tool†pushed the wire out and left the terminal in the connector. I was cheap and used a Craftsman pick not ideal so I have learned..

Weatherpack connector in question:

weatherpack_3.jpg

So now I have an email into Ross to have some replacements ordered or get them online.

Does anyone have a method or a tool recommendation to remove the male and female pins?

I found this for $7.50 specifically for the Weatherpack connectors:

weatherpack_tool.jpg

• 1 month later...

I ordered and received the Weatherpack crimpers, removal tool and connectors from HiPo Parts Garage back in July. Let me tell you when you have the right tools it makes the job so much easier. I also picked up a nice set of jeweler flat head screw drivers from Radio Shack.

As of last weekend I am 80% done with the EFI harness. I had to order another 60 feet of the Raychem DR-25 Heat Shrink Tubing 3/8" and the best place and price I found is Prowire Motorsport Electrics I used them before and they are great to deal with. I was running low on the 3/8", so I jumped on the O2 sensor and finished mounting that. All the parts should be in before the weekend so I can keep moving forward. I'll have updated pics after this coming weekend.

Getting there: :trippen:

After couple of hours on Sunday and a few hours this week after work, the entire SDS EM-4 6F harness was been rebuilt with new Weather Pack terminal pins, connectors and Raychem DR-25 Heat Shrink Tubing. I also installed StreetWires Firewall Bushing using the old a/c refrigerant line holes under the battery tray. I am getting very excited I am very close!!

StreetWires Firewall Bushing mocked up on the firewall

IMGP0526.jpg

StreetWires Firewall Bushing and A/C hole plug.

IMGP0527.jpg

IMGP0532.jpg

StreetWires Firewall Bushings ready to install in the Z

IMGP0538.jpg

Sliding the Raychem heat shrink tube on the last harness

IMGP0530.jpg

IMGP0529.jpg

All laid out for a picture before it goes in the Z this weekend

IMGP0539.jpg

IMGP0537.jpg

IMGP0535.jpg

IMGP0540.jpg

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wiring is done under the hood. :D

I don't think it looks too bad for my first time building and wrapping an EFI harness. The wiring harness and spark plug wires are roughed for now I'll clean it up more later.

Check it out I am so freaking happy..

IMGP0595.jpg

IMGP0611.jpg

IMGP0597.jpg

IMGP0598.jpg

IMGP0599.jpg

TPS

IMGP0600.jpg

IMGP0614.jpg

02 Sensor

IMGP0612.jpg

MAP

IMGP0604.jpg

Next up interior wiring:

IMGP0606.jpg

IMGP0607.jpg

IMGP0608.jpg

I used the existing holes from the a/c. When I paint the car I plan to cut out that corner and replace it with a cleaner one and put the harness somewhere else...