HybridZ

Project 240Z Turbo ITB Install

S30TRBO

• 4 weeks later...

ITB's are back in the mail and should be back home in a couple of days.

Following Austin's suggestion I ordered some relay connectors, spare relays and other misc things to clean up the wiring some more from Wayteck Wire. Thanks bro :2thumbs:

Fed Ex showed up around 6pm last night. Fresh out of the box.

IMGP0717.jpg

IMGP0719.jpg

IMGP0720.jpg

IMGP0722.jpg

IMGP0723.jpg

IMGP0724.jpg

IMGP0721.jpg

IMGP0716.jpg

One problem with the fuel injectors I have they are #42 Ford Part# 0-280-150-558. Apparently they have the smaller o-rings installed on them which makes them loose when mounted. I have been searching for what size they are (black on bottom, blue on top). I guess I need to hit the parts store and get a few different ones to see what works.

Re-painted, detailed the Mikuni manifold:

IMGP0732.jpg

IMGP0731.jpg

ITB's with new linkage setup mounted, 15.2mm GM LS2 FI o-rings are tight no play on these injectors at all:

IMGP0749.jpg

IMGP0752.jpg

One little snafu, the front throttle arm is hitting the thermostat housing:

IMGP0753.jpg

IMGP0751.jpg

IMGP0754.jpg

With some quick pictures sent to Kevin at Extrudabody yet again great customer support!! He suggested to adjust the heim joints and if they don't get the rail high enough he'll send me some spacers or trim the throttle arm.

More to come....

With some guidance from Kevin, I tried to adjust the heighth. It clears with the heim joints all the way raised, no threads for the nut...damn. Needless to say yet again excellent customer support!! he is sending me 15mm spacers. I am not giving up, more to come...

IMGP0781.jpg

IMGP0776.jpg

IMGP0783.jpg

I started messing with the throttle cable. I'm going to attempt to attach it to the stock pedal vice using the Savage bracket and other route since the cable loops too funky...

IMGP0784.jpg

FYI the 240Z gas pedal is already slotted for a cable.

IMGP0748.jpg

I don't really like this, still messing with it:

IMGP0785.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I am assuming there are no new updates due to the MASIVE amounts of snow between the house and the garage...lol

Buck,

I am officially done shoveling until the next freakin Snowpocalypse as of today.

18872_1208808061528_1268490841_30486672_1172427_n.jpg

I received my parts from Kevin @ Extrudabody on Thursday: (3) 15mm spacers and longer socket (allen) bolts. I plan on getting back in the garage over this long weekend since my path is finally shoveled to it.

18440_1341199205606_1099975559_31067663_8372627_n.jpg

The Power resistor mod IIRC is used to enable a 260-280 tach to work with a MSD. The 240 has a CURRENT triigered tach not a VOLTAGE triggered tach, no resistor mod will ever get it to work with a square wave signal...you MUST create a "false" coil draw for the tach to FEED in order for it to work.

http://www.msdpowersports.com/pdf/frm22049_pn8920.pdf

IMHO in a 240 the options are...buy the 60 buck part and wire it in as per MSD, or buy all new gauges..cause lets face it, having just the tach non stock is kinda tachy :flamedevi

Oh and BTW, the adapter makes the stock tach VERY stable and VERY accurate.

I've got the power resistor working in my '72 240Z. The resistor mod is for current triggered tachs - I'm not sure what the 260-280Z are. The 240Z tach is current triggered which is why you use the resistor to draw enough current to trigger the tach :) I mounted it all on a custom aluminum plate and painted it the same colour as the car so I can easily return it to stock if need be.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20817&stc=1&d=1266168844

attachment.php?attachmentid=20818&stc=1&d=1266168844

MSD Plate_thumb.jpg

MSD Plate Installed 2_thumb.jpg

Just purchased a Laminova Oil to Water Heat Exchanger A43-180 - Medium: 180mm. I also purchased another oil sandwich plate since I upgraded to -8 from -6 on the Earl's I currently have. I also purchased some nomex/kevlar braided line and light alloy swivel AN fittings.

Shipping tomorrow :)

http://www.batinc.net/mocal-central.htm

middle one in picture.

11003_2237_large.jpg

I worked on the ITB and throttle linkage and while waiting on the heat exchanger, and decide to use the stock firewall pivot arm. I purchased the Savage firewall mount and decided to go with it.

Throttle Cable Linkage:

First I drilled out the ball:

IMGP0852.jpg

Then I bolted this to it:

IMGP0853.jpg

Here it is mounted, greased ready to go:

IMGP0859.jpg

I bolted it to the Savage piece on the firewall:

IMGP0858.jpg

End result:

IMGP0861.jpg

IMGP0856.jpg

ITB Linkage:

I installed the 15mm spacers:

IMGP0848.jpg

Leveled the heim joints, it clears with plenty of space and threads poking out the bottom for the nuts on the bracket for the heim joints:

IMGP0845.jpg

IMGP0846.jpg

Heat Exchanger should be delivered tomorrow. I have some more wiring to do and clean up work. Come on Spring I am tired of the snow!! :icon52:

Looking good Joe. At this rate, you may be able to drive it out and help me prep my car for the 2012 Auto-X Season... B)

Roger that, I might even be boosted by then who the hell knows. I hope to have it running for you to hear before you roll out.

It's only a 20 hour drive (like driving to Florida and then some) when you get short lets start planning it I have over 120 hours of leave now. HA! :shock: