HybridZ

Project 1Jz s30

Gritz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PICS001.jpgWell here is the cross member...some may think "wow what a Frankenstein looking piece" but i like things that are strong and fuctinal...i can assure you that this is not going anywhere:grin: i may clean up the welds a little and paint black...all in time..today i hope to finish the trans mount, which I'm going to make from the stock s30 trans mount...cost to make this crossmember? $20 8 foot long 1.5in box tubing... all other materials my dad had laying around the yard...:coollook:

• 2 weeks later...
Today My dad and I got he 1jz into the s30, but it's only for mock up and is blocked up for now...Yesterday, I made a cross member from 1 1/2 box tubing and 1/4in thick( i think) angle iron....Now that the engine is in place i can put my cross member in place and make ajustments....I still have to make the actual mount on the CM, might do that tonight or tomorrow, hope to have pics of the cross member tomorrow...

check it out....It looks cozy!!!!

Hi how you modified the original engine chair to fix 1jz in this position. Because i have problem with fixing 2jz in my 280zx.The original oil pan of 2jz hit power staring. So I had changed the oil pan to be in front and removed stability bar but the radiator did not fit inside bay thefore i fixed it front, outside bay.

the current problem i face now is, hood is not closed because the engine is higher than the level of hood??

Any help.

Thanks

Hi how you modified the original engine chair to fix 1jz in this position. Because i have problem with fixing 2jz in my 280zx.The original oil pan of 2jz hit power staring. So I had changed the oil pan to be in front and removed stability bar but the radiator did not fit inside bay thefore i fixed it front, outside bay.

the current problem i face now is, hood is not closed because the engine is higher than the level of hood??

Any help.

Thanks

Well i don't have power streering, so don't know about that...If the 280zx is anything like the s30(240z,260z,280z) than you need a rear sump(or mid sump) oil pan...As far as the hood clearence, the 2jz is a littler taller than the 1jz...who made your mounts?

Well i don't have power streering, so don't know about that...If the 280zx is anything like the s30(240z,260z,280z) than you need a rear sump(or mid sump) oil pan...As far as the hood clearence, the 2jz is a littler taller than the 1jz...who made your mounts?

Thanks for replying it was made by local Garage in my county

it cost me for mount about 800US Doller

engine cost 1000 US Doller

Thanks for replying it was made by local Garage in my county

it cost me for mount about 800US Doller

engine cost 1000 US Doller

Well what do you plan to do about it? for that type of money i would take the mounts back and have them modified..

It's a 280ZX and he does seem to have it mounted forward quite a way; but he also looks to be running the mechanical fan

I have tried to mount the engine backward but the problem with power steering. It touch engine pan oil, therefore, then I changed oil pan position to be in front. The result, as seen from pics, the engine is way forward which will not be accepted by police traffic register office:icon_frow. I am thinking to replace power steering with 260xz power steering, to be in front, far from oil pan. Any suggestions I appreciate.

• 1 month later...

So far I'm done prepping the engine bay to receive the engine, the custom cross member is welded in and the engine bay is ready...I know, i know slow progress..my brother does all the welding for me and i rarely have two days off in a row, so it hard to get things done..money is a factor also..

Anyway i hope to set the engine in for good next week, i had to order a clutch from auto zone($40). next year or so I'll do a full stage 3 clutch system, for now i just want to get it running...I just ordered my intercooler off ebay 31X12X3 along with 2.5in IC piping...should be plenty for 400-500whp

for now here are some pics of some goodies...more later!!

IMAGE_001_thumb.jpg

IMAGE_002_thumb.jpg

My dad had this eletric fan laying around near the shop so i snatched it up, all i know is it works good( I did the old battery and two wire trick to test it:mrgreen:)...not sure if it will be enough to cool the 1jz though, well have to see!!

PICS 005_thumb.jpg