HybridZ

Shaking Panels

NSAgent

I don't know if this is the right section to post this but I have a 83 280zx and I guess because its an old car the door panels and other sections of the body seem loose and shakey.

Does this mean I need to get all new bushings to tighten the car panels better? I tried searching but the search is too vague and Im not coming up with anything.

What panels? Interior panels have clips and foam backing that usually needs to be replaced to tighten up the fit.

It feels like the whole door is loose, but i've heard plenty of cars with loud, rattling doors.

I mean, the car rides smooth, its not shaking because of tires or brakes it just feel and sounds like various part are old and loose. Maybe im not explaining it right, but im sure someone knows what I mean.

My doors rattle (also an 83 ZX), but it's because the rubber sleeves on the latch posts are gone and my weatherstripping is shot. You might start by checking those out.

My car rattles because all the other rubber is just as shot. I'm constantly surprised that I still have T/C rod bushings. You might want to continue by getting it up on a lift or jackstands and checking all the articulation/mounting points and all the bolts you can find.

When I stripped my interior to put fatmat everywhere, while I was re-installing the interior I made sure that there was no plastic to plastic contact between the panels. My father is in the jewelery business and I got some of the rectangular foam cushions that have slits for rings, and cut them to size and placed them in between the plastic to plastic contacts. I absolutely adore my interior now. With over 450 watts of sound and 8 speakers, there is not one rattle ANYWHERE in my car.