HybridZ

Rick's Widebody Tilt Front Buick Hybrid

• 2 months later...

Thinking ahead to getting back on this project (Yes I will, nay-sayers) I have decided to go a different direction with the trans and do an overdrive six-speed (Rockland Gear Tranzilla) - I have always worried about the built T10's durability (and have sold the Jerico dog-box - just did not want to deal with that) with this setup and like the T56's shifter orientation better than the classic T10's side mount.

T10 and 2.93 R230 are for sale to offset the staggering cost of the 6-speed.

I will be going with a standard 3.69:1 Z32 Diff, which I had in the car in the first place. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Rick your car is pretty sick buddy, great right up. I was thinking of going to the r230 as well for strength, currently running a r200. I will probably be sending you some emails soon, currently getting the rest of my 408 put together (next weekend).

The Z is still gathering dust, but that situation will change after July 22. Retirement time. I've been trying to work customer cars in the daytime and the "real" job at night, leaving no time for my project cars.

I've decided that I will put 3.36:1 Armada gears in my diff and install a close ratio G-Force T56 - that will be the last piece of the puzzle in trying to get a drivetrain to withstand 900+ lb/ft torque.

Edited by speeder

• 1 month later...

The Z is still gathering dust, but that situation will change after July 22. Retirement time. I've been trying to work customer cars in the daytime and the "real" job at night, leaving no time for my project cars.

I've decided that I will put 3.36:1 Armada gears in my diff and install a close ratio G-Force T56 - that will be the last piece of the puzzle in trying to get a drivetrain to withstand 900+ lb/ft torque.

OK, ALMOST TIME!!! you have a few days left Rick and then you can get this project back on track. I hope all has been well with you man.

• 8 months later...
Rick..

Yeah, Yeah, I'm still here.....It WILL get done. I'm finished predicting when. Absolutely no real progress lately - I'm so busy these days I don't know how I found time for a "job".

The G-force 1200hp /1000ftlb torque T56 will be here in the next few days,I have a 3.69 R230 diff to swap in (after spending much time and $ on the 2.93), and the Z is bubbling up to the top of my priority list.

For sure I'll update as progress happens.

Edited by speeder

Yeah, Yeah, I'm still here.....It WILL get done. I'm finished predicting when. Absolutely no real progress lately - I'm so busy these days I don't know how I found time for a "job".

You doing full time building now?

• 1 month later...

Got a big package yesterday - GForce Magnum T56, all 150 pounds of 1200hp, 1000ft-lbtq goodness. I ordered this thing before Christmas.

This one has a more reasonable .73 sixth gear, unlike the LSx versions with the impossibly long ratios.

Now I need to get to work. I have the 3.69 R230, need to build a front mount so I can swap out the 2.93 diff.

Magnum.jpg

• 3 months later...

"Picking at it" describes recent progress - got some stainless tubing for plumbing the wastegates (twin Tial 44s that need to be inboard from the Buick GN position on the headers) After this is done I'll begin surgery to redo the core support for turbo clearance (Scottie-GNZ is on standby to assist). Also have been working to fit the dry sump pump. These clearance issues require 90% head scratching, then 10% work.

When all the hammering, cutting, and welding is done I'll pull the engine and trans, then smooth the carnage in the engine bay. At that point I'll probably make better progress.

I'd love to get to the vid stage....

• 1 year later...