HybridZ

How to remove rear window?

athoma46

First and foremost I would like to say thank you in advance for all of your help, support, and input. I have personally read throughout the forums for about two years now, and gathered much of my knowledge and research right here! I'm happy to say that I am finally a proud owner of my very own Datsun Z, and I look forward to nursing her back to good health!

I spent a good half of the day searching the forums and the internet for various ways of removing rear windows. Everything is pretty generally stated and honestly i think i can do this with me and a buddy, but I would like to hear if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations? Currently my Car does not have a rear Window, and I was lucky enough to find one at the local 'Pull n' Save.' My skills are that of a novice and I would not consider myself an expert, but I have the mindset to do whatever. So yeah any advice, or even a pointer would be helpful. Thanks!

Adam

l_a0d05d8601d395c18caa48e2408f8398.jpg

l_b7760a50df5d63f870185bded3d74674.jpg

Just bring a putty knife or thin sharp tool. Depending on the brittleness of the rubber go around and pull out the metal trim. From there just slide the tool/putty knife around the outside edge and cut off the top of the seal. Then you just need to push it out (down).