HybridZ

2jzgte wiring harness into 240z

cleton-z

so i am swapping a 2j into a 240 for a friend of mine and he wants to use the 2j stock wire harness instead of going standalone which he already has but since he will be living in california he wants to keep the 2j as stock as possible so i wanted to know if someone has done the wiring before and did not post it up and any info that you guys can send my way will be helpful

he does not want to use a standalone but if i cant find any info on the harness he might have to

I have a question, please. What do "1j" "1jz" and "2j" "2jz" mean?

I'm hoping to buy a new wiring harness for my 1973 240-Z rebuild, and wonder if those terms refer to something I should know about.

Thanks!

James

• 2 weeks later...

I think that each number and letter stand for something, like what block, head, t for turbo..... I know between the 5sfe and 3sgte, the "f" and the "g" designate different heads. "f" being a non-performance head and "g" being the opposite, I am pretty sure they have different valve angles. The "s" if I remember correctly is the block, which is the same in these two engines. I would assume the the 1jzgte and 2jzgte is similar.

• 1 month later...
Guest YoshiFD3S

1JZ-GTE = 2.5L "280hp" Inline 6, most COMMONLY known for coming in the Toyota Soarer (Lexus SC300), but is also known to come in the MKIII Toyota Supra.

The 2JZ-GTE = 3.0L "320hp" Inline 6, most COMMONLY known for coming in the Toyota Supra, but is also known to come in the Toyota Aristo, which is commonly the version of the 2JZ that you see for sale on Ebay. The Aristo 2JZ is cheaper mainly because it's always going to come automatic, has different turbos, and smaller injectors than the Supra 2JZ. The 6-speed that comes with the Supra 2JZ in itself is valued around $3,000..