HybridZ

Oil leak. Pan or crank

Where can I get the rubber type. All I find is paper or rubberized Cork from Pep Boys or would that work? It's FelPro

I dunno, you'll have to shop around. You can use a little permatex to hold the gasket in place it's usually really easy to do. You can use a couple studs to help align the gasket during installation, even temporarilly might help, but, no you don't have to go with studs the entire pan. Use a straight-edge to check if your pan got bolt demples. it shouldn't be hard to spot.

Yes you can get the oil pan out w/o jacking up the engine, but it's a pain since you'll likely have trouble with the oil sump and the crossmember.

Phar

• 4 weeks later...

Up date:

I have now replaced the pan gasket twice and the rear main seal once.

I still have the leak. 2 or three drops a day and the engine is not even being run. Still up on Jacks. Some one told me that the engine has a oil gallery that runs from the front to the rear and is plugged with soft plugs. They said that they had a instance where this plug leaked very slightly.

Has any one heard of these oil gallery plugs leaking. According to the book How to Modify your Nissan, They say to drill out and tap these plug holes and install pipe plugs with epoxy. Any one heard of this? I don't want to pull the transmission and flywheel again just to look for a "Maybe" leak but there is no way to tell with out doing it.