HybridZ

Who sells multiple guages built in one? (4 in 1, 3 in 1 or 2 in 1)

Recently Ive been on a mission to make my z a little more comfortable. So Im looking into ac, I put the stock seatbelt back in (harness is tucked away). But I have two questions.

First: When i had the harness reworked by speartech, they removed ac wires. Is this a problem? Could I still do it myself? (Planning on combining the JCI compressor and vintage air system)

Second: In the interior of my car, im starting to notice to many gauges. Its starting to look like a jet cockpit in there instead of a car. I recently drove a lexus and noticed they're guages.

2250365707_c4dcaaaa76.jpg

Basically what i want is something that would incorporate two gauges in one in each of the 3 guage areas in the dash. I can live with something like the speedo guage above though. Any ideas who would selling something like this? I saw the summit racing ones and they are ugly.

sum-800104.jpg

Its 4" Which is the wrong size. And wouldn't match any of my other gauges (and they don't sell ones that do match if i did want to change the rest of my gauges).

Anyone know if someone sells these type of guages? I am currently running auto meter pro comp gauges. Oh and i looking on autometers web site and the ones they have are ugly too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Autometer and Summit. Autometer makes a 4 in 1 gauge.

I mentioned both of those brands in my first post. I also mentioned why i wont use those two in my first post.

My car has a theme. Form and function. :icon10: I plan to stick to it.

"Its starting to look like a jet cockpit in there instead of a car."

Check out the instrumentation section at Aircraft Spruce for the Westech and other small aircraft instrumentation. There are many combinations of gauges you can have from there, and since some small aircraft run on 12V, they are compatible with automotive instrumentation. I have been using a Lycoming Head Temperature Sender on my VW Bus for over 20 years now....

FAA Approved gauges are not 'cheap' though... be forewarned. Buy the stuff from the 'for Experimental Aircraft only, not FAA Approved' column!

One of the deciding factors in why I got my IS is the gauges.. I freaking LOVE EM!!. Having multiple gauges would be nice!.. let us know what you end up using aziza..

Alright, ill let you guys know if i find anything decent...

Sorry about that Matt. I did not see you mention Autometer or Summit already. I have been looking for the same gauges myself and have contemplated an IS300 cluster swap.

I like sweep gauges over digital because you do not have to look directly at them to gleem information. The relative position of the needle picked up by your peripheral vision is usually sufficient.