HybridZ

l28 with 300hp at the wheel. what do i have to buy?

:search::search::search:

This is becoming my standard reply when people are being lazy and dont search. Sorry if it comes across as rude but people are wanting to get spoonfed the answers and arent willing to search for them. This is the second time today that this basic question has been asked. Which shows you did nothing more than just ask your question and not searched at all.

Rattmuff, check out my sig, that will be a good start. And kudos to you for being polite about the search button advice. My wife's family is Swedish, such nice people. Anyhoo...rule of thumb is you can get around 250+ hp with the stock ECU, injectors etc just by installing an intercooler and boost controller and running around 12 psi. After that it starts to get expensive.

I've taken the route of trying to make the engine flow as much as possible: head work, ported intake mani etc. I'm hoping to make 300+ hp at just 10 psi. Then, as time goes on, I can tweak the system and slowly bring up the boost. Reading posts on this forum, it seems like folks want to make big hp as quickly as possible and sometimes they wind up breaking things, e.g. blowing head gaskets. I thought I'd try a more incremental approach since my car is my DD. It's worked for me so far and I'd recommend it. You get to drive your car a lot more instead of working on it all the time. Good luck with your build, keep us posted.

Rattmuff, check out my sig, that will be a good start. And kudos to you for being polite about the search button advice. My wife's family is Swedish, such nice people. Anyhoo...rule of thumb is you can get around 250+ hp with the stock ECU, injectors etc just by installing an intercooler and boost controller and running around 12 psi. After that it starts to get expensive.

I've taken the route of trying to make the engine flow as much as possible: head work, ported intake mani etc. I'm hoping to make 300+ hp at just 10 psi. Then, as time goes on, I can tweak the system and slowly bring up the boost. Reading posts on this forum, it seems like folks want to make big hp as quickly as possible and sometimes they wind up breaking things, e.g. blowing head gaskets. I thought I'd try a more incremental approach since my car is my DD. It's worked for me so far and I'd recommend it. You get to drive your car a lot more instead of working on it all the time. Good luck with your build, keep us posted.

Thanks alot =).