HybridZ

List your L28ET setup.

No meth yet here either.. but There are plans for it before summer hits.

I just got my water/meth injection kit last week. I hope to have it installed by March. I plan on running only water until I can get this system sorted out.

Here's the kit I got:

http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmain.aspx?pid=1005

I plan to report back with my experience if all goes well. Good luck!

Hey Garvice,

Something must be up on your setup, have you managed to better your 14.5s run? I went to the drags a few weeks ago and with my 148hp l24et I ran 14.7. That hp figure is from before I installed the rb25 gearbox and my exhaust but my car has never been tuned on a dyno(only power run). I also have the problem of the head gasket seeping oil down the d/s block(but i've driven it that way for 4 years). My power is all in by 4500rpm. Is your turbo 1.06 turbine? Only ask as I was going to turbo the l28 I have with a Gt35/40 with .82 turbine, and 4k is pretty late to have full boost :

When I ran at the drags i was launching at about 2.5k rpm but then I have a much smaller turbo then yours, but running 13psi dropping to 11psi at 4500rpm. I've started to consider a RB swap but am a little weary about the new laws saying you need a IM240 test for engine swaps. :(:(:(

What ECU are you running, Sorry if you've already mentioned it.

I'm gonna guess motec? I dunno are they even australian? :P Bet that set you back a pretty penny if so. Sorry I was obvisouly looking at the wrong turbo thinking the smaller one would have been on the sr20 :). Yeah my first time at the drags I could only manage a 15.7, this was my second time down there :) Are you gunna keep slugging on with this build, or gunna go forged pistons etc? I considered it but I like how a rb25/30 looks in the zed engine bay :) Goodluck making more power mate.

Wait a sec, your only hitting full boost at 4k rpm?! with that small a exhaust housing? Eek, guess my combo would have been horrid

Sorry guys, I have cleaned up the thread by removing as much of my crap as I can. Mods, feel free to remove my other posts that are not inline with this thread.

Cheers.

I appreciate that you are being conscientious, but I hope you were going to move the conversation to a new thread, as I think several people seemed interested in ir - maybe just post a link to the new thread here...

Just a quick update without taking too much away from this thread.

Turbo looks like a GT30R turbo from the Garret catalog.

Another reason for the low power figures listed in my first post would have definitely had to do with my timing. Not only were my timing figures a lot less then the general consensus, but I also found another problem when I pulled the engine apart yesterday. The previous owner had welded the harmonic balancer together (which has destroyed my crank but that is another issue) and at TDC my engine was reading 5deg. So I was putting another 5deg less into the engine then I thought. So when future people are reading my first post, take that into account.

• 1 year later...

Hey! I've only had my Z for a little over a year now. The mods started when one day my car wouldn't. So I purchased a simple megasquirt I v2.2 and finally got it running ok after a few months of tinkering and installed a Saab intercooler. I blew the hg and got to tear into the engine for the first time. I did the 240sx tb mod at that time. It ran good for a little while, upgraded to ford 440cc cfi injectors and turned up the boost a little and broke a ring land (same day). Then I was able to rebuild the whole engine (took me all winter) which had almost no wear inside but I did upgrade to arp rod bolts and resized the rods. So the engine got new pistons,rings, bearings, and gaskets/seals. I also port matched the exhaust manifold to the turbo. I bought a turbo off craigslist (T3/T4 .82ar exh housing), rebuilt it myself and it lasted a day, then spent $500 and had it rebuilt OUCH! (single largest expense to date) I did many other mods over the winter which are listed in my sig. Before the turbo upgrade it ran a 9.50 @ 73mph in the 1/8 @ 12psi. With the new turbo it builds boost a little later but still pulls harder before boost. (don't have a functioning tach)

Here is what I am working with, as well as future plans:

Stock l28et engine rebuilt/warrantied to stock specs by previous owner with only one thousand miles on it. APR head studs-rod bolts, HKS 1mm metal head gasket, Jim Wolf Tech turbo cam and springs, custom oil blow by catch can by hybridz member, Aeromotive a-1000 fuel pressure regulator, Pallnet finned fuel rail, RC 550 injectors, SDS ecu/coils (with 18psi boost map & dyno tuning already performed to a similar engine by previous owner and Hybridz member), port matched stock exhaust manifold-2000* powder coated with external Tial 38mm waist gate, Pallnet larger ex manifold mounting bolts, Turbonetics T3/To4b, 60-1 comp, .82 A/R, stage 5 turbine 2000* powder coated housing, Custom (240Hoke)3" downpipe with external waist gate pipe, Custom (240Hoke)intercooler piping with Tial bov and Treadstone same sided inlet outlet intercooler,K&N conical air filter, Stock non egr or webbed n42 intake manifold ported to match 240sx throttle body and completely ported, BHJ alluminum harmonic damper, Fidanza 10.5lb flywheel, MSA comp oil pan gasket, Arizona Z car alluminum oil pan, new turbo oil pump-water pump sourced from MSA, 1998 s14 5speed trans with only 38k on it, B&M short shifter. Lots of polished pieces currently getting zoop sealed, all of which should be good for 50 horsepower :lol: .

Future plans as funds will allow for include: Head work by Braap, mandrel bent 3" stainless steel exhaust with oval can(Burns,Magnaflow,Borla,Vibrant???), Mckinney Motorsport engine mounts, ACT clutch, DEI titanium turbo wrap for ex mani, turbo and downpipe, ATL black box stock fuel tank combo as written up on here.

post-736-031992200 1310176905_thumb.jpg

post-736-070651400 1310176926_thumb.jpg

Stock l28et engine rebuilt/warrantied to stock specs by previous owner with only one thousand miles on it. APR head studs-rod bolts, HKS 1mm metal head gasket, Jim Wolf Tech turbo cam and springs, custom oil blow by catch can by hybridz member, Aeromotive a-1000 fuel pressure regulator, Pallnet finned fuel rail, RC 550 injectors, SDS ecu/coils (with 18psi boost map & dyno tuning already performed to a similar engine by previous owner and Hybridz member), port matched stock exhaust manifold-2000* powder coated with external Tial 38mm waist gate, Pallnet larger ex manifold mounting bolts, Turbonetics T3/To4b, 60-1 comp, .82 A/R, stage 5 turbine 2000* powder coated housing, Custom (240Hoke)3" downpipe with external waist gate pipe, Custom (240Hoke)intercooler piping with Tial bov and Treadstone same sided inlet outlet intercooler,K&N conical air filter, Stock non egr or webbed n42 intake manifold ported to match 240sx throttle body and completely ported, BHJ alluminum harmonic damper, Fidanza 10.5lb flywheel, MSA comp oil pan gasket, Arizona Z car alluminum oil pan, new turbo oil pump-water pump sourced from MSA, 1998 s14 5speed trans with only 38k on it, B&M short shifter. Lots of polished pieces currently getting zoop sealed, all of which should be good for 50 horsepower :lol: .

Future plans as funds will allow for include: Head work by Braap, mandrel bent 3" stainless steel exhaust with oval can(Burns,Magnaflow,Borla,Vibrant???), Mckinney Motorsport engine mounts, ACT clutch, DEI titanium turbo wrap for ex mani, turbo and downpipe, ATL black box stock fuel tank combo as written up on here.

Oooooh shiny :)

• 1 month later...

Who did all of the polishing/plating work?