HybridZ

PICS of my new Rota RB-R

Just wanted to share a couple more pics of the car lowered now! I cut the stock springs for now. I was getting tired of the 4x4 look and I probably won't buy new shocks and springs for a little while. I think it looks a hell of a lot better. I do get a little rubbing in the back over big bumps, but I think with a stiffer setup and rolling the lip I will be ok.

img00345tr9.jpg

img00351xm0.jpg

img00363pk0.jpg

img00358dn0.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also added the new round chrome mirrors which fits in nicely with the polished lip on the wheels. I would like to get some 240z bumpers soon to enhance the look. Also did some interior work also. Just refinished a used 240z steering wheel I bought.

img00355mi0.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi,

Those wheels look awesome-- thankyou for posting these pics.

Im keen on these wheels for my 71' 240z, so im curious on how tight of fit it is.

How close to the struts(front and rear) and guard lips?

Can you get full lock both ways with steering?

You said it rubs abit after you lowered it, will guard rolling fix this?

Do you think 235/45/17 tyres would fit? (the local made cars use this size so they are dirt cheap- ie $115 Au)

I read that someguy had to use sticky balance weights because knockon ones rubbed- now thats close!!

I'm being anal about this as I'm in Australia and its a LONG way to send these wheels and I wanta be sure that they fit..

thankyou

scott

hi,

Those wheels look awesome-- thankyou for posting these pics.

Im keen on these wheels for my 71' 240z, so im curious on how tight of fit it is.

How close to the struts(front and rear) and guard lips?

Can you get full lock both ways with steering?

You said it rubs abit after you lowered it, will guard rolling fix this?

Do you think 235/45/17 tyres would fit? (the local made cars use this size so they are dirt cheap- ie $115 Au)

I read that someguy had to use sticky balance weights because knockon ones rubbed- now thats close!!

I'm being anal about this as I'm in Australia and its a LONG way to send these wheels and I wanta be sure that they fit..

thankyou

scott

i'll comment on the tire size. i have a 17x8.5" wheel on my z [check pics in my gallery] and have run the 235.45.17 with no problem. if memory serves me correctly the tire sidewall was just about even with the lip on the rim [they didn't bulge out]. currently running 245.35.17, and the tire sidewall bulges a bit beyond the rim lip [gives me a bit of 'curb' protection]. i'd guess that the 235 would be the widest you could run with this rb-r wheel unless you milled the +4 off the back of wheel and ran coilovers or your tire would probably hit either; fender, strut or both.

I'm not going to lie. The fit is tight. The front is extremely tight to the spring perch and the rear is close on the fender wall. I'm the one who had to use sticky weights to get it to clear the spring perch. Now I've heard that 240Z's spring perch sits higher and shouldn't be as bad a problem. I'm pretty sure that when I roll the fender lip in the back I won't have a problem. Also I feel like my suspension is getting softer and softer making it rub when I hit multilple dips on the road. So I've been shopping for a new stiffer suspension setup. As far as 235 wheels are concerned. It would probably make it rub more, but each tire is different.

Datfreak,

on a 240z you will have to trim the rear quarter lip,or roll the lip, to get 235's. You will have plenty of room on the inside rear, but the front is tighter. I currently have 245/45/17 on mine with stock suspension. I had to trim almost all the lip away at the 10 thru 3 o'clock postion on the rear. The front perch had to be beaten in flat to resume the same clearance I had with the 235's. I will be suprised if it never rubs, but I did run the suspension thru its full travel.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=135971&highlight=hyper+black

• 2 weeks later...

mmm-- looks to be about .5mm above the rim on the tyre--

or maybe its touching both.

It locks the wheel when the nuts are tightened.

I will try flattening the platform will a hammer- maybe grind abit off the bottom spring, it will be very very close. Otherwise -there is always geting a spacer or coilovers :)