HybridZ

I'm breaking down

I've been wanting nothing else but another Nissan engine in my 260Z but the L28 that's in it needs a new altenator but I'm thinking since my reliable daily driver right now is a rusted out 90' 5.0 Mustang that I should maybe just rip apart my S30 and prep it for the 302. I figure by the time I have all the peices ripped out of the Z I would probably have the money to buy the things I need to put the 5.0 in it. The Stang has a 5-lug conversion kit from Latemodel Restoration that came with replica Cobra R rims which are 9" wide (don't know backspacing, yet) but I was wondering if I get the rear disk conversion with 5-lug adapter from Arizona Z car that the Cobra rim would fit in the Datsun because I don't think the stock sized tires would be too good for handling the 304 ft-lbs of torque. I figure I could have the 302 in there to make a GREAT daily driver out of my Z while I look for a mint Mustang coupe shell or a SR20, whichever comes first, and also give me a little engine swap experience. I'm just ranting right now because I had the cars parked next to each other with the hoods up and it got me excited for the idea and I like seeing others input with it. Also, I think the front subframe of my Z is F'ed up, I'll take pics of it later and post it in a different sub-forum to see others opinions on that. Thanks for following through my rambling.

While I'd rather see a SBF swap into a 240/260 than the common SBC swap if all your 260 needs to make it a reliable driver is an alternator then get a new alternator.

Those Mustang wheels probably have too much back spacing to fit your car without hitting the springs/stuts on the inside.

IMG_3213-vi.jpg

There's no telling if that's the only problem though. The little bit I did drive it the tach wasn't working and the main reason I stopped driving it was that when I was on the highway the oil pressure guage read 0 so I pulled over to check the oil level and it was still full so I think maybe it's just the wiring to the guage, hopefully. The fuel guage doesn't work either and when putting the car on the flatbed trailer, when it was on the incline fuel was pouring out of the top of the gas tank, there's a whole on the top of it. The car has been sitting for years before I bought it so there's no telling what else will go wrong later on.