HybridZ

lets see your 240z-260z

This is my 1972 240Z that I bought as the second owner in 1986. I started the rebuild about two years ago, starting with media blasting, molded headlight buckets to fenders, shaving the marker lights, nastalgic BBS magneisum race wheels, and 1900 watts of Polk MOMO sound system. The car was finished friday night prior to hauling it to the MSA show 2009. I will post some more pictures of the interior.

I just want to know what wrecked EvoMR he got the "Vortex Diffusers" off of (the little shark fins on the roof of the car). Do these really work on a car with otherwise 1970s aerodynamics?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

310Z: Really nice looking 240Z! What is the code for the paint? I have a silver 71 240Z and am looking for silver paint codes and your looks very good. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

riscard,

I will have to look back through some paper work to find the paint code. I cant rember it off the top of my head. However it was a 2007 limited edition color on a 350 Z called liquid platnum.

Your car looks wonderful. Very nice. I just don't get the headlight covers that have the "obvious add-on" chrome strip around them, to be honest. They make sense, because they better the coefficient of drag, but I can't help realizing that they are total add-ons when they have that big metal strip. Just my opinion. Absolutely fantastic Z.

Well sounds like you need to do a little more of your Z homework. How many sets of new out of the box factory original head lamp covers have you run onto lately? Those are factory originals that had not been out of the box until fitted on this car. New factory head lamp covers are unobtainium. That is why they are on this car. The same goes for the 16x8, 25-30 year old BBS magneisum race wheels that were never imported to the USA according to BBS America. They are rare, that is why they are there. Rareness/exclusive show that lots of homework went into this car.

I have followed your build and you have done an amazing job. I thought that your 240Z may be finished before I finished mine. It always takes longer than expected. Keep up the quallity work.

Very sweet looking Z there 310Z. You can obviously tell that a lot of hard work went into it.

First time I see or notice fender mirrors mounted to the door. Looks pretty good.

Thanks for the complament and noticing the Fairlady fender mirrors on the doors. The idea for the JDM Fairlady fender mirrors, mounted on the doors came from Steve Pettersen @ Pettersen Motorworks, he only works on 240z, they are his specality and passion. I can't take credit for it. This mounting of the Fairlady fender mirrors on the doors is possibly a first. All of the pictures on line and shows that Steve and I have seen over the last twenty something years, we have never seen this done.

Well sounds like you need to do a little more of your Z homework. How many sets of new out of the box factory original head lamp covers have you run onto lately? Those are factory originals that had not been out of the box until fitted on this car. New factory head lamp covers are unobtainium. That is why they are on this car. The same goes for the 16x8, 25-30 year old BBS magneisum race wheels that were never imported to the USA according to BBS America. They are rare, that is why they are there. Rareness/exclusive show that lots of homework went into this car.

I have followed your build and you have done an amazing job. I thought that your 240Z may be finished before I finished mine. It always takes longer than expected. Keep up the quallity work.

Gotcha. I appreciate your post. I didn't know that there was a factory set. Rarity is cool.

VG's (Shark Fins) have been discussed on here quite a bit. Most likely his did not come off of a MR, you can buy them individually. Do a search and you will find everything out about them on S30's that you need to know. :)

I'll read up on them then. Thanks.

After owning 2 series I & 3 72's I thought I was out on the 240z dream then I saw this BSR widebody at our GA Z show,it was owned by the children of the original owner who bought the gear from Bob Sharp sank 25K and won World of Wheels "Best Custom" 3 times.The kids would never stay for the show judging and had let it run down,they knew it was a show car but not BSR widebody.They threw the trophies away but kept the build book,that was 5 years ago.I went for the refresh and been having fun showing this IMSA street Z.

Lime 1_thumb.jpg

Camel at the Dragon 2009_thumb.jpg

Lime6_thumb.jpg

Lime 2_thumb.jpg

Lime5_thumb.jpg

310Z: Really nice looking 240Z! What is the code for the paint? I have a silver 71 240Z and am looking for silver paint codes and your looks very good. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

The paint code is K23. This is another picture in different light. The sun was just comming up in the mountains and there was mist from the meadow in the back ground. It tends to look best in bright sun. It is a hard color to layout and painters cringe when you tell them what color you want.

P1004162_thumb.jpg

The paint code is K23. This is another picture in different light. The sun was just comming up in the mountains and there was mist from the meadow in the back ground. It tends to look best in bright sun. It is a hard color to layout and painters cringe when you tell them what color you want.

That's a rea;;y nice car. What wheels are those?

On the wheels, he actually just told me about them a few posts above. "16x8, 25-30 year old BBS magneisum race wheels that were never imported to the USA according to BBS America. They are rare, that is why they are there."

That whole car is incredibly nasty. Very badass.

On the wheels, he actually just told me about them a few posts above. "16x8, 25-30 year old BBS magneisum race wheels that were never imported to the USA according to BBS America. They are rare, that is why they are there."

That whole car is incredibly nasty. Very badass.

Opps sorry, I missed that..