HybridZ

lets see your 240z-260z

Bought in 1985 with a blown engine for $1000.00. Repowered with another L26, painted Corvette white (817) urethane single coat, new seat covers, new carpeting finished in 1987. (still looks good)

The neat thing is the electric sunroof. Welded in, doesn't leak, seals tight (no wind noise) it offers the best of both worlds.

The pic of the wheel well shows the original paint of the chassis, still clean and shiny underneath.

HPIM0451_thumb.JPG

HPIM0452_thumb.JPG

HPIM0453_thumb.JPG

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this thread has been going strong for a while now!

Here's mine. 260Z built in Sep 1974. Don't have any 'before' pix, but here's a couple as she sits now. In the year I've had her, I've done some minor body work, a complete interior redo, and redone most of the engine compartment. The list of things to do just seems to go on and on...

Thx for looking.

jhm

15872_thumb.attach

15873_thumb.attach

15874_thumb.attach

15875_thumb.attach

Wow, this thread has been going strong for a while now!

Here's mine. 260Z built in Sep 1974. Don't have any 'before' pix, but here's a couple as she sits now. In the year I've had her, I've done some minor body work, a complete interior redo, and redone most of the engine compartment. The list of things to do just seems to go on and on...

Thx for looking.

jhm

She looks mean.. :flamedevi

The paint code is K23. This is another picture in different light. The sun was just comming up in the mountains and there was mist from the meadow in the back ground. It tends to look best in bright sun. It is a hard color to layout and painters cringe when you tell them what color you want.

310Z: That is a beautiful picture. I also like the front air dam! Where does one purchase that air dam. Please advise. Thanks again.

310Z: That is a beautiful picture. I also like the front air dam! Where does one purchase that air dam. Please advise. Thanks again.

I purchased it about two years ago when it first came out through Motor Sport Auto in Orange CA. I could not decide which front end to use. I purchased two. I wanted to use a carbon fiber BRE spoiler and that is the first front end I had on the car while building the car. I had 15x7 wheels and 225-50-15 and with rolled lips every where, everything fit fine. Then I found the BBS 16x8, 0 off set wheels and while the front wheels were turned the 225-50-16 had 0.030 in. clearance so the original lower facia had to come off. I had both front ends painted so I swapped to the one you see on the car.

In California we are required to have a front license plate and I know some day I will be forced to put the old orginal plate on. Yes, I still have the orginal blue and gold Cal plates, the front is just not in good shape. This air dam looked good and gave me a place to put a front license plate without having to make something awkward to mount a front plate and it fit with the larger wheels.

P1004138_thumb.jpg

That's gonna be one hell of a project. Why did you get the car?

Yeah it was a hell of a project,about 3 years. but most of it is already done.

just have to all filler and prime and sand and paint.

when i got the car it looked nice lot of the rust was covered with body

filler. all well lesson learned.

DSCN0887_thumb.JPG

DSCN0801_thumb.JPG

DSCN0529_thumb.JPG

DSCN0536_thumb.JPG

What would you have me do not a fan of huge rims with tiny sidewalls

I'm going to have to agree here, the car was made in the 70's, I feel that slapping on wheels with rubber band tires attached not only reduces performance with all that unsprung weight, but also just looks odd.

so i found this one near where i live in concord NC for $400. I talked to the seller several times and the day i went to tell him i had the money it was sold. that owner got it rolling and sold it again 2 weeks later. it is now suspose to be somewhere in Illinois and i can't find another like it. =-[ if anyone know what style air dam this is or ever sees this car please contact me. we will reunite one day........

3kb3m73lbZZZZZZZZZ97i4650c85427e117f9.jpg3n23oc3ldZZZZZZZZZ97i469dc0f2da231ba3.jpg3k13o03l8ZZZZZZZZZ97i3c096e013b0f18a0.jpg