HybridZ

Finally Done! 240Z RB

8 months of hard work and about 15K in parts.

This is one of 5 Zs we are working on at our shop in North Georgia.

RB20DET

Custom coil overs

rear disk brakes

speed hut gauges

Sparco seats

Watanabe wheels

Falcon tires

All new rubber trim

New windshield

New interior

New Dash

NOS door panels

240z179.jpg

240z181.jpg

240z183.jpg

240z185.jpg

240z193.jpg

240z.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The side markers are LED as well as the tail lights. The more LED lights the less draw on the electrical system and they do look better and brighter. So all you haters need to come up with a better side marker. If you find one let me know.

Love the car. As for sidemarkers, the 280zx are alot slimmer, I believe the hyndaui accent's sidemarkers also are the same width and bolt pattern. (strait bolt in practically)

Think about it. RB20 or 25 or 26..... The 20 makes the most sense for a daily driver. Its a 2 litre engine producing 210 HP in stock form. The car only weighs just over 2K pounds. With a few little changes like lightened flywheel and a race style air intake plenum or even just upping the boost a few pounds you get more hp per $ than you ever expected. I'll dyno the car soon and let ya'll know what the rwhp is.

The 2 litre should be great on gas. If it was a track car I might have considered the bigger RB25 or 26.

Also the installation of a RB20 is less work than the others. Even the stock driveshaft is a direct fit.

Anyhow, If I decide I need more power I can get 400hp out of a RB20 but that isnt what I set out for.

yea i was about to say 18 wheelers have a million of those little lights that they sell individually....in led and all shapes, sizes, and colors....but id actually rather delete them...along with the side trim & drip rails.....but thats just me... and my comment was more about why an rb vs an sr? but its kool...and looks like a great swap, get those dyno numbers

The side markers are LED as well as the tail lights. The more LED lights the less draw on the electrical system and they do look better and brighter. So all you haters need to come up with a better side marker. If you find one let me know.

y would anybody hate on your sidemarkers???? i rather not have side markers than to have 18 wheeler lights....whats wrong with the stock ones??...just my opinion

Boomnn, Here are the wheel and tires sizes

240z193-1.jpg

225/50/15 rear on 9 1/2" Watanabes

205/55/15 frnt on 9" Watanabes

280zrice, Stock 5 speed tranny.

Oh yes it sounds great. Nothing sounds like a turbo 6 cylinder. That is why I didnt use a SR20. These cars deserve the 6 cylinder.