HybridZ

2JZGE Intake Manifold

JustinOlson

I haven't added injector ports to the model yet. As you can see the runners follow the 98 degree incline of the intake ports from flange mounting surface. The plenum is modeled out of 0.125" thickness material.

The velocity stacks and runner material are from Ross Machining. The plenum material is readily available.

I was going to use the factory intake flange, but the ports are being enlarged a lot from their factory cross section. This just seems like a cleaner way to get everything done. I'm going to model 2 injectors per cylinder. I'm placing the injectors up the runner for better atomization.

2jzgemanifold1cv6.jpg

2jzgemanifold2jx8.jpg

2jzgemanifold3sx0.jpg

2jzgemanifold4bg9.jpg

2jzgemanifold5uz1.jpg

2jzgemanifold6ly3.jpg

2jzgemanifold7mm2.jpg

Justin

That's funny. The plenum looks exactly like mine, but I used a stock lower. The ports match the head very well, and have a lot of material to cut velocity stacks into, but the runner length is longer than even a stock GTE lower intake manifold. It took around 12 hours to build, and I used a BBK 75mm. I only have a 67mm turbo, so I would just lose drivability with a larger throttle body.

SL380184.jpg

CIMG6672.jpg

CIMG6669.jpg

CIMG6664.jpg

end result

SL380294.jpg

Justin,

IMHO, overrated. Just port the stocker. Darin is doing just fine @ 1300+hp with a Titan ported stocker. HP will be the least of your issues :D. Put those $$$ in the chassis.

If it were a GTE, then I would agree with you, but the NA intake manifolds are total garbage. They flip back around and go over the valve covers, and look like butt.

i dont know anything myself either but thats almost a 10% variation between cylinder 1 & 2. that is more than enough to run lean and knock. but i guess knowing that before hand, you can just tune each injector. are you planning on changing anything?

• 1 year later...

interesting, im making one for my rb26 using the rmr oval runner, im also trying to see if its worth using 2 injectors per port. whats your ideas on this?

rather type of injector vs distance from port. ie: distance injectors so the spray is fanned out to the diametre of each valve port? etc etc.

• 3 weeks later...

My PNT intake manifold came in today. I'm very impressed by the build quality. The only negative I see is the plenum casting is a bit wavy so the polished finish doesn't look the greatest. I will likely have it powder coated or paint it with wrinkle finish. The runners have a nice tapered shape just like the factory veilside intake. The throttle body flange is very nicely machined. There is no casting flash or debris that I can find that would need to be cleaned up. All flanges are flat with good surface finish for gasket sealing.

Justin

20739_107874389223733_1000000351818.jpg

20739_107874392557066_1000000351818.jpg

20739_107874395890399_1000000351818.jpg

20739_107874399223732_1000000351818.jpg

20739_107874405890398_1000000351818.jpg

i thought you were going to make your own manifold? it looks almost as if the stacks were on there to begin with. so nice and clean.

thinking if i go n/a, i will be making one like the FSR one using rossmachinines D shape plenum and q45 tb plate and just drill the plenum piece and bolt it to my n/a runners. round off the holes inside the chamber outward to compensate stacks. i know its not going to flow as well, but it opens it up more than the n/a manifold and cant see how it wouldn't outflow the stock under boost. i seen evos280z n/a jz manifold in the member project forums and looks almost like he ditched the stacks and just ported it out like how i mentioned above. i could be wrong. what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...