HybridZ

Help me beat the neon!!!!

You REALLY need to read the stickies and the posts that have been linked to already, but an intercooler and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (along with what you have already gotten) are both VERY IMPORTANT when upping boost on otherwise stock turbo cars. After that, you need a bigger turbo, larger injectors, AND standalone fuel management.

The good news is that, if you do it right, at that point you are up to around 350-400 horsepower.

That is the short, short, SHORT version. Read the stickies, take time, and learn.

You REALLY need to read the stickies and the posts that have been linked to already, but an intercooler and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (along with what you have already gotten) are both VERY IMPORTANT when upping boost on otherwise stock turbo cars. After that, you need a bigger turbo, larger injectors, AND standalone fuel management.

The good news is that, if you do it right, at that point you are up to around 350-400 horsepower.

That is the short, short, SHORT version. Read the stickies, take time, and learn.

Ruiz Racing..... Put your chatting brake jets on and follow the above post. All your questions have been answered many times before on this site. Spend a few days reading the related forums and then come back with your questions.

LARRY

Another point I will add is that there are PLENTY of "waypoints" on the road to 400 horses that you can camp out at for a while.. somewhere you will reach a waypoint that is sufficient to beat the neon. (My buddy has one so I know the car well; I admire it for what Chrysler did to make a fast, cheap car... but it isn't that special, and it after a few steps of upgrading it is pretty well at the point where any more out of that engine is going ragged-edge)

You can stop adding power at any of these points, and work on suspension, tires, and your driving skill. 400 horsepower in a Z or ZX is A WHOLE LOT. Besides, what does the neon run the 1/4 mile in, 14, 14.5? Piece of cake :D

I have to ask, what are the modifications to this srt4? Also, what year is it? 04-05 models had a slight bump in hp and were underrated from the factory, as a result they generally dyno out at around 220hp/240tq. They also don't take much money at all to get up to 300-350whp, which is why I ask what mods that it has.

I hope that I'm not being the grinch of the thread or anything, but I don't want you to go on a rash spending spree without considering the actual chances of winning after modding.

if you are looking to make your car faster and to be cheap and safe u should also get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator as well if u are goin to turn the boost up. and yes an intercooler is needed. you will also have to plug up the pop off valve if u are looking to run more than 10psi. i have an 83zxt with an intercooler and rrfpr and a electronic boost controller and i can beat srt-4's at 8lbs and i have run 14lbs of boost for awhile now with no ill effects to the motor. my car at 14lbs wrecks srt 4's.