HybridZ

Show your rear end

• Administrators
BRAAP, what size tires did you have? They're huge!

Thank you guys, but I can’t take the credit for that. I purchased the car with those tires and wheels already on it. Fronts are 13” diameter, 10” wide. Rears are 13” dia, 13” wide. Tires are Formula Atlantic racing slicks.

Here is the original BRAAP car. With the L-28 it had Dual 2” exiting out the OE 280-Z bumper holes, (2" in this shot), then became dual 2 ½” with the V-8. Had to modifiy/shave the side of the OE '75 fuel tank to clear the exhaust pipe on the passenger side.

280Z1.jpg

24TZ

Not to difficult. I can get you some pics but not until next week. Let my son barrow my camera until the end of the week. Flip up cap is just a marine flip cap. Small but looks appropriate on a small car. You can get original cobra caps but will cost you a fortune. I basically just piped the fuel fill to the original filler hose postion.

this is an awesome thread. I can't wait to get to the point where I can just do stupid ♥♥♥♥ to mine. At this point I gotta still convert it to manual and put everything in. Still gotta get the headers, rad, and the wiring squared away! man! I envy you guys.

ZR8ED, some 240z taillights would look REALLY good on your car.

I think that usually holds true for just about any 260/280Z, preferably the Euro 240 with amber turn signals.. and my problem is more with the big solid red tail light than the divorced back up light. Unfortunately, one doesn't see TOO many images of a 280 style tail light assembly with an amber lens.. I have always wanted to see that in the flesh TBH, just to see how much of the issue *I* have with the 280 light is the solid red element as opposed to the divorced back up light.

But I agree, ZR8EDs car in particular would be improved with 240 tail lights. Most of the time its not so pronounced in my eyes, and I've always been grateful for the subtle distinction that made it easy to tell them apart. Thats actually a third reason to prefer the 240 tails; the simple fact that it subtly makes the rear look more like the older car.