HybridZ

Vent knob and floor problems

Ok, there's a knob under the dash on both the driver and passenger side of the car and I pull on push on them and I have no idea what they're doing. I think the driver side one is in conjunction of this cable that hangs under my car but I can't see where it leads too. I got pictures. The previous owner told me he had the floorboards replaced and when I looked at the job I saw a giant gap between the floor and sub-frame, what is up with that? How hard is that to fix? Also pic of that too.

HPIM0660_thumb.jpg

HPIM0664_thumb.jpg

HPIM0665_thumb.jpg

The other side is very similar but has structial foam seeping out of it. I couldn't get pics of the whole thing because I suck with cameras but I got a pic of the front and back of both sides. You can see where the new floor starts in the proper place but goes upward, it also looks like it was screwed together instead of welded.

HPIM0667_thumb.jpg

HPIM0668_thumb.jpg

HPIM0669_thumb.jpg

HPIM0670_thumb.jpg

Changing title. We want titles to be descriptive so that people don't have to open them up to figure out what it's about when they're searching the database.

As to your car I think you had best get some quotes from several body shops locally. Any guess over the internet is not going to be very accurate.

• 2 months later...

Have you peeled the carpet back to look at the interior side of the floor pans?To me it looks like someone has cut out the stock floor pans due to rust and replaced them with some sheet stock and did a quickie floor pan rust repair,sprayed some foam in there to keep water fom entering.Th e stock rails that are supposed to be running underneath the floor pans dont seem to be there though i cant see the pics too well.

I did ask the guy I bought it from about it and he said he was planning to put some body mounts or bushings or something like that in between them to cut down on vibrations. It sounded like total BS to me but I didn't want to get in an arguement with him. Also, my car has been in the shop for like 3 months now because they are supposed to be putting new carbs on it but they haven't touched it yet, I won't be going back to them again obviously. But after it is fixed I am going to take it to a body shop and get a qoute on about how much it would cost to fix the floor.