HybridZ

is cutting body a must on zg flares??

hi guys. i know the normal route with most zg flares is cutting the body arches.

has anyone just bonded over standard body and have you any pics.

i realise putting wider wheels is the whole point of the flares nowadays but i thought if i didn't lower the car too much i could still fill arches without the dreaded butchering. once again guys thanks for input.

hi guys. i know the normal route with most zg flares is cutting the body arches.

i realise putting wider wheels is the whole point of the flares nowadays but i thought if i didn't lower the car too much i could still fill arches without the dreaded butchering. once again guys thanks for input.

Did you try a search? I think you would be defeating the purpose of the flares. Im going to set aside the honda civic jokes for this one.

Bad idea. When the suspension compresses the stock fender lip will gouge the tires if you don't cut. You could run wheels and tires that fit under the stock fenders and then put the flares on, but that would be really lame.

well i think that's me well and truly told. lol!!

i know it may have sounded a little odd but you guys are little more blessed when it comes too sound solid body shells.

here in uk they are non existent (thus me imported mine from sunny california).

so it's even more of courageous act in grinding away something so hard to come by.

which i think i may have just answered my own question. :-D:grin: