HybridZ

zx f-glass panels

PR280z

I Recently Found Some Zx Molds In A Basement.from What I Was Told The Original Owner Had A Datsun Dealership.the Molds Looks To Be Home- Made. They Are For A Front Air Dam, Front Bumper Cover, Both Front Fenders, Both Headlight Covers,and The Hood. The Fenders Do Have An Air Vent Opening Similar To The Corvettes Of Old. I`ll Be Posting Some Pics Soon .

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any idea how they ended up in Puerto rico?

Moat likely the owner had a 280zx and had them made.On my part it`s a good find. I`ll be cleaning them up to make a set for my 79 zx 2+2 to see how they fit.

Guest 280ZForce

unless you already made your set off the molds. those look to be actual pieces, not molds. you wouldn't be able to fit up molds to a car like that. IF you wanted to have those reproduced, you'd have to spend a lot of $ to have molds made of them.

Were these style of panels common on the zx? Does anybody have them on thiers?

WOW! Those are really cool fenders with the vents, I've never seen those before. They appear to be stock but with vents.

The hood appears to be a variation on the stock one with some kind of ridge around the periphery? The bumper looks like a copy of the stock 82-83's.

The airdam appears very similar to the Xenon airdam...they are still available with or without the ducts:

large501436.jpg

The nacelles (headlight buckets) appear to be stock, but with "Altec style" headlight covers (lenses) as part of the nacelle.

e.g.: Altec cover:

group501042.jpg

I'd say that the most unique and original pieces are the vented fenders. :-P

So those are the molds or the pieces (I can hardly tell the difference :icon50:) [Edit: I think 280ZForce just answered my question]

Thanks for sharing!! -hughdogz :2thumbs:

unless you already made your set off the molds. those look to be actual pieces, not molds. you wouldn't be able to fit up molds to a car like that. IF you wanted to have those reproduced, you'd have to spend a lot of $ to have molds made of them.

hello,zforce.If its not the molds than what are they? thanks for the imput.

hello, Z force . It seems your the expert on fg. Can you tell me the differance from a plug and a mold? thanks, It would be helpful to me on gaining some f-glass knowledge .

Interesting. I think the buckets and fenders are really great! Especially if you could make the fender vents functional, to relieve underhood pressure. :-D
It`s got to be functional other wise it won`t look good. I`m thinking maybe stainless steel webing or mesh. Also might extend the outter edge of the opening with 2 1/2 in. c-fiber plate.Lets wait and see.

wow good find, those are moulds, you can see the bracing on the outside of them for stiffness. they prolly weigh a bit more as well. start making pieces!! i need a bumper cover,hood and maybe the headlight buckets.
CIMG2541.jpg AS you can see they are pretty thick. I would be making one set for my self to see how they trun out.thanks,. I`ll keep you posted.