HybridZ

Garrett T3 rebuild needed

whew41

Good evening to you all. My turbo conversaion has hit a snag. The seals in my T3 are shot and the turbo needs to be rebuild. I live in North Carolina. Looking for some good places that could rebiuld my t3. Please let mw know.

Back in 96' I had mine rebuilt by TEC out in California. I don't know if they are still around. I had mine converted to water cooled center section and a few other things(Compressor wheel, turbine and machine work) to the tune of around $600-700.

• 3 months later...
My turbo is starting to howl so I'm starting the "rebuild" research. How did you make out on your rebuild. Any lessons learned you'd like to share?

Call up Turbochargers.com, I live like 15 min away and I have pretty much had only good experiances. I can even get you a quote while I am up there dynoing today. Just hit me up before 11am central or text me all the info. (832)892-1782

jeff

I just had the T3 in my wife's saab 900 reco'd by blaastperformance.com (direct link: http://www.blaastperformance.com/detail.php?ref=73)

Very cheap, only use genuine garret parts.

My turbine housing was cracked and a rebuild, reco turbine housing, and shipping back totalled USD280. No problems with it as yet :).

Dave