HybridZ

Datsun Fairlady Z concept

firm

Well, since there's so much love for the design, I'll be the first to be overly critical. Though first understand I do like it in many ways and find it to be an improvement over the Z33.

Though the car's overal shape resembles the S30, a lot of the lines are just plain puke material. At first glace I said EWWW, and then started looking at it and somehow became attracted. It's got that effect going for it.

Something to consider though is that especially here in the USA, is that a huge percentage of buyers are female and find them "cute" or "sexy". They're very sporty cars that maintain a very friendly nature to them without looking like a pet. They're like a german shepard, kind natured and friendly, but able to be trained to be a killer. That's a Z car.

This concept sends the wrong message. It's saying "hey lady, I'm going to eat your kids, but not before I take over korea. And I'm going to look good while doing it".

Rims are WAY too bling/ricey for me. This whole trend towards huge rims is killing me. They've just gone overboard on a good idea.

Side is way too busy. Get rid of the grey sections trying to look GTRish. Just doesn't flow with those gorgeous hips.

Widen the car a bit, and also extend the wheel wells a bit more. This car will have a tough time passing crash standards and the two occupants not bumping shoulders (lotus anyone?)

Rework the entire headlight section. Looks like it's emo. (wearing sad black makeup under it's eyes)

The front end roundness is getting to me too. Makes her feel fat to me. Just something wrong about it.

Though I hate to say this, but I think in many ways the Z33 has more going for it than this car. I think it would be extremely difficult for nissane produce anything lighter than the 350Z that passed safety standards that was actually affordable like it is.

Hopefully they'll be able to use more aluminum in the next chassis and somehow keep the costs down to compromise for us all.