HybridZ

2006 LS2, need info wiring obd2 plug

basically i'm doing an LS2 into a buddy's s14 and in order to lock out the VATS and tune it to street rod mode i need to hook up the obd2 DLC.

it's a 3 plug ecm. black and grey go to the engine harness and all the sensors. and the C1 BLUE plug is wired into the appropriate power supplies and what not from the 240sx's dash plug, and i've already wired up the electric throttle pedal to the C1 as well

this LS2 motorset is t56, ls2, engine harness and ecu /w pedal and c1 plug. there's no bcm or tcm or abs computer or any other modules other than the engine's computer.

on the C1 blue plug i see pin 1 and 2 are serial + and -

and i see that after they pass information from module to module they end up going to the OBD2 DLC. pin 1 from C1 (serial databus + circuit 2500) goes to pin 6 obd2 , and pin 2 from C1 (serial databus - circuit 2501) goes to pin 14 on the obd2

as for the rest of the obd2 plug, pin 16 gets battery 12v, pin 4 & 5 get ground.

is that it? will i be able to hook up a scanner/computer and monitor/tune it with just this?

thx in advance.

Dave =]

i was trying to spy so i looked at the speartech conversion harness for the street rods and i can only see about 5 wires going to the OBD2 DLC and they all seem to be on one side, which is how my DLC looks....i'd just like to be sure so i can get all the wiring situated before i move on to the other stuff.

worst case scenario i guess it just won't communicate.....and i heard a rumor the VATS (anti-theft) cuts the fuel pump power to the relay.....which can be overcame...but i definately wanna get his obd2 connector situated so he can get it tuned for the cam/headers etc.

any confirmation would be great. thanks fellas

Dave

basically i'm doing an LS2 into a buddy's s14 and in order to lock out the VATS and tune it to street rod mode i need to hook up the obd2 DLC.

it's a 3 plug ecm. black and grey go to the engine harness and all the sensors. and the C1 BLUE plug is wired into the appropriate power supplies and what not from the 240sx's dash plug, and i've already wired up the electric throttle pedal to the C1 as well

this LS2 motorset is t56, ls2, engine harness and ecu /w pedal and c1 plug. there's no bcm or tcm or abs computer or any other modules other than the engine's computer.

on the C1 blue plug i see pin 1 and 2 are serial + and -

and i see that after they pass information from module to module they end up going to the OBD2 DLC. pin 1 from C1 (serial databus + circuit 2500) goes to pin 6 obd2 , and pin 2 from C1 (serial databus - circuit 2501) goes to pin 14 on the obd2

as for the rest of the obd2 plug, pin 16 gets battery 12v, pin 4 & 5 get ground.

is that it? will i be able to hook up a scanner/computer and monitor/tune it with just this?

thx in advance.

Dave =]

Dave,

That looks correct as I remember it. I use the Diablo Sport tuner using the OBD2 port and it works really well. But it won't remove VATS. I sent the PCM to them and they removed it for me. I am not savvy enough to use my laptop to do it myself.

Mike

well, i made a jumper harness for the dash plug (power & ground supply) and hooked up a generic obd2 scanner to the obd2 plug, and i can monitor everything on the datastream/osciloscope so i guess it's good to go.

i just wanted to be 100% sure of myself. so i have confirmed the obd2 - ls2 pinout to c1 blue

C1 PIN ---------- OBD2 PIN

PIN 1 DATABUS SERIAL + ------- PIN 6

PIN 2 DATABUS SERIAL - ------- PIN 14

BATTERY VOLTAGE ------------ PIN 16

GROUND ---------------------- PIN 4 AND PIN 5

thx =]

Dave