RB26 head oil drain solution

Z24O

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think the screw on style is necessary? I had a press-in and my machine shop lost it while building my head. They didn't realize it and reassembled the head. Will the head have to be disassembled to install the screw on type?

post-26847-005475500 1338101024_thumb.jpgpost-26847-053888300 1338100424_thumb.jpgHi guys

Before you fit the rear drane just have a look at the factory oil drane , the first thing you must do is fix the casting flash so the oil can get past , then you may not need to fit a drane

Couldn't have posted this a month ago before my head was assembled? Do you think this and the rear drain would be overkill? Using the two in conjunction couldn't cause problems could it?

Holy ****.

Sorry if that was a newb question..I've just seen enough back and forth on this subject to be unsure if it's worth the effort. But I'd don't want to tow my car back from the strip and post an engine failure a Hybridz and have someone chime in with "shoulda had a return on the head"...while the head is off (and the pan is already modded) I might as well install the drain. but is it possible for the head to drain too well?

It was all the rage to fit the hose of the back , and it wont hurt i still fit them some times, there is way to much oil up there

But its a easy fix to the head only takes 2 min with a drill and the oil problem is no more , The oil drains at the rear on the block can do with some love as well ,the casting is very ruff ...

Edited by PMC raceengines

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up a old post but i have a few questions in regards to the drilling the factory oil drain. Is there a certain amount of mm that you take off? Do you have to drill both cylinder head and block oil drains? Is anyone still making & selling the extended crank collar and head drain plug?

• 3 weeks later...

Its mainly the head. just follow what is there when you have the head off. No need to bore bigger. If you want to fit a drain hose drill and tap the exhaust side down low in the head. When the engine is installed and the engine is sitting at its tilt it will be the lowest point. The ones that go in the freeze plug would require a good bit to be pooled to drain.