HybridZ

turbo lq9 help!

Went to the local 1/8 mile track today and on the first launch cut a 1.7 60' and broke my drivers side axle on the 1-2 shift. My rear end setup is the q45 lsd with the mm mount kit and axles. 3200 rpm + 2-step+ ls1 turbo = a ride home on a trailer :angry:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get out to the track the early part of this season, I'd appreciate a post or two on your 60ft./ qtr. mi./any other mods to chassis. Also if you notice any trouble with the doors from hard launches. My project should be done sometime this summer. I have a rollcage and 2x3 boxed frame but did not weld in any kind of angle support through the doorway. Hope this proves to be a wise decision. Good luck, Dan

I can tell you from racing 500+hp fwd car. Autozone's lifetime warranty on there axles come in handy. The key to that car was to preload before the launch. If I didn't that's when I always broke. That and axle angle. I broke more when I had the car dropped compared to stock height.

Edited by sq_creations