HybridZ

Rear speaker holders

Dayz

Guest michanic220

i fabricated mine out of fiberglass, came out wonderful none the less. im about to get started on the front ones when i get extra time and modivation. check them out in my pictures on my cardomain (link under this in sig bar). i gotta paint them a different color tho.

Armand, You are right. this car is a present for my father and it is a complete restoration...close to original as possible with some little tweak. Either way, my father never listen to the radio, so quality in the sound system isn't my priority!

Thanks

Dayz

Dayz, unless you were trying to build a completely original car, I don't see why you would mount the speakers in the stock location again? As far as functionality it would be very beneficial to have the speakers facing towards the front seats.

hey armand, do you have any pictures of your system???

Guest michanic220

the speaker location for the stock speakers is horrible. it doesnt seal air at all.. you should really make the speakers point toward you. also if you have the speakers in a enclosure (like the pods i built) they will take a little bit more RMS max power and sound even better. also its sealed up so it doesnt sound distorted when hitting the lows. just a heads up.

hey armand, do you have any pictures of your system???

Here ya go, sorry I didn't take any pictures of my subs, its kind of a b!tch to take everything out to get to the subs. The rear speaker box is a bit difficult to get back in perfectly sealed. The tweeters shown can swivel in place, and they are currently pointed towards the seats. The 6 1/2's in the doors do come with plastic covers but they make the speakers look unnecessarily HUGE, and stick out of the panels way too much.

Here is the powered sub enclosure I'm using:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-soygeltrY1Z/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=113KSCSW1

It simply slips in front of the center bracket in the tire well. I made a bracket that clamps down on the box and holds it in place with the stock spare tire holder. (the giant screw)

Dayz, those BMW HK speakers sound fantastic. My brother's Mini Cooper has the HK setup with those speakers in the doors and it sounds very very crisp. What you can do when reassembling the interior panels is to cushion them. I found these adhesive backed rubber strips at home depot, and lined them where each interior panel touch/overlap each other, so I get zero vibrations from those panels with the stereo blasting.

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

Guest michanic220

i would go with a after market speaker dayz. doesnt have to be anything expensive. but a stock speaker is just going to blow out, or rip and get old after time. just my .002

BRAAP will probably lock this thread!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124331&highlight=CD+player

: )

To be honest that's kinda dumb. Sorry mods, but I don't see why people like myself can't look to the members of Hybrid Z for answers to every section of my car.

Sure, I agree I wouldn't like to see fiberglass enclosures taking up the entire trunk of an S30 with 4 subs/amps, but simple questions like the quoted thread is harmless. Nothing wrong with having a kickass Z with a cd player.

• Administrators
BRAAP will probably lock this thread!

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124331&highlight=CD+player

: )

The link you are referencing is a question regarding basic wiring 101 stuff for stereos, whistle.gif along the same lines "how to add oil to your Z cars engine", or "how to inflate the tires on your Z car", not exactly HybridZ material! nono.gif

To be honest that's kinda dumb. Sorry mods, but I don't see why people like myself can't look to the members of Hybrid Z for answers to every section of my car.

Sure, I agree I wouldn't like to see fiberglass enclosures taking up the entire trunk of an S30 with 4 subs/amps, but simple questions like the quoted thread is harmless. Nothing wrong with having a kickass Z with a cd player.

I agree. This thread pertains to custom speaker boxes, though not high performance in nature, it is custom Z car related. I see no reason to close this thread.

Carry on… gh.gif