HybridZ

favorite body kits/bumpers for 280z

Guest blackthunder

Guest blackthunder

Hello, Just bought a 1977 Datsun 280z, and looking to change the front bumper...please post pics of your favorite bumpers, or body kits for a Datsun 280z....Please include the name and where to get it, if you know!! thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest dynaman75

This is my favorite kit but I have no idea who makes it or where to get it. Found this one on cardomain located in the UK I believe. Anyone have any ideas who makes it?

3137867_2_full_thumb.jpg

3137867_3_full_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
This is my favorite kit but I have no idea who makes it or where to get it. Found this one on cardomain located in the UK I believe. Anyone have any ideas who makes it?

I would like to know that as well. That is the nicest looking front end I've ever seen on a z. If Someone knows where I can get one, let me know.

Guest 280ZForce

get rid of that protruding massive paper weight 280z bumper (front and back preferably) and put black 240z bumpers there and it'll look way sexier, trust me.

Oh I believe it. Eventually I will make the conversion, but at the moment I like being able to use it as a stool when I need an extra boost up in my garage, and it doubles as a nice chair.

And being able to bump into things when trying to do a 30 point turn in small spaces is a plus :)

I know the front conversion is easy, but what about the rear?

Guest 280ZForce
Oh I believe it. Eventually I will make the conversion, but at the moment I like being able to use it as a stool when I need an extra boost up in my garage, and it doubles as a nice chair.

And being able to bump into things when trying to do a 30 point turn in small spaces is a plus :)

I know the front conversion is easy, but what about the rear?

the rear can be a bit of a pain just for taking off the big stocker cuz sometimes you got to drop the gas tank to get to the rear bumper shocks. But I've heard of people being able to do it w/out doing that.

then the rear uses the stock 240z bumper brackets and it's a bolt on affair after that.

But in the end, you get a sleeker, sexier look and you drop 100 lbs off the car between the front and rear stock bumpers!