HybridZ

hood vents

Guest michanic220

make sure you treat and paint the metal good. or it will rust, im not sure what eats on steel more tho. stainless steal or aluminum. my guess would be aluminum. but idk. good luck tho.

I took a look at those vents... They are not opened up very much. The die that they used to emboss the vent openings is only offsetting the edges by 1/4" to maybe 1/2" in the middle. That is not going to do much good for venting air.

The biggest problem comes in the smaller sizes. The side vents look like they have less than 3/16" opening.

The short video clip clearly shows a different louver shape than any of the other pictures on the site. They have pried open those louvers to get some actual airlfow. Trying to open them up to that extent on a smaller panel would distort it terribly.

They look nice though with all the different finishes and all.

If you want louvers then why not the MSA louvered hood and cowl panels??? There are 5 times as many louvers on the MSA hood than you get get on those puny little panels.

i made some ... cool vents with some metal i found, i had the turbo scoops in but they never looked right to me

still need to take a better hood shot but you get the idea, when my electric fan comes on allot of air moves out of the vents and gets very warm but the hood around it is allot more cooler

IMG_0560_thumb.JPG

IMG_0556_thumb.JPG

IMG_1863_thumb.JPG

IMG_1858_thumb.JPG