HybridZ

direct fire help

dskubitz

Can somebody help me with a direct fire setup of a haltech E11v2? I am not getting any spark. I am using the LS1 4 wire coils, and have it wired as such:

D – 12V from ECU (org/blk wire)

C - Ignition wire (individual colored wires)

B - Ground wire from ECU (blk/wht)

A – Ground (blk)

I can get spark if I apply voltage to “C†manually, but the ECU is not supplying any voltage to “Câ€.

Did I setup something wrong?

Right now, I only have internet access from work, so I will try to send a print screen of the settings to my work email, then post it here. I haven't tried to use the trigger diag. tool. Where is that located?

my ECU is only reading 2 to 3 RPM during cranking, so maybe I have my trigger and home wire hooked up to the wrong wires. I have 4 wires going to the distributor:12v, ground, home and trigger. The harness has 4 wires bundled in to two separate home and trigger wires. I just used the one bundle, with one wire from the other bundle for the home signal. I hope that was okay to do.

I will look and see if I combined the 2 sets of wires tomorrow. The next thing is make sure you have a good connection. I tried and tried to make my signal clear, then I found the weather pack connector was the issue. Are you using the correct trigger disk (300zx)? Make sure its not in upside down, that will cause big issues as well.

You are using the CAS distributor right? If so, that wiring does not sound right. You should be using both shielded cables for the distributor. (White and White/Black)

White Shielded cable as follows:

Ground - W/L

Trigger - W

White/Black Shielded cable as follows:

+12V Switched - W/O

Home - W/G

I don't believe it matters if you switch the Ground and +12V cable source, but that is where I pulled my Trigger/Home from.

Ok, I've double and tripple checked the wiring to the ignition system, injectors and home/trigger system. It all seems correct. I have the W to the trigger wire (G/B on distributor), and the W/G to the home (G/Y on distributor). I have 13.8v to the B/W wire on the distributor. turning the distributor will start the fuel pump, but it only registers a fraction of the true RPMs on the ECU. On the injectors, I am getting voltage on one side, but not on the other. Shouldn't I have voltage on both wires? On the ignition wires, I am getting no voltage at all.

I have a feeling my ECU is screwed up. It doesn't fire the injectors and it doesn't fire the ignition when I spin the distributor. I do get readings from all of my sensors, and the TPS will calibrate. I would post my screen shots of the setup, but I don't know how.

Is there anyway to diagnose the problem here. I got the ECU second hand. I hope somebody can help.