HybridZ

Oil pressure sending unit

Will the nissan unit and gauge work with the sbc set-up? How do I test the sending unit to make sure it is working properly. I don't want to replace things willy nilly with out knowing for sure that the part is bad. Also, are there alternative locations where I can install a mechanical oil pressure gauge? Don't want to blow up a good engine. Know what I mean? Thanks.

The stock zcar oil sending unit is notorious for going bad and leaking. Not something I would want attached to my new engine. Secondly, the stock sending unit is BSP (british pipe thread). I would assume a SBC would not. So you would need an adapter. If you are so inclined however, McMaster - Carr has em.

• Administrators

Welcome to HybridZ, DandyZ.

I’m assuming you do not have the JTR V-8-Z conversion manual. The JTR V-8 Z car conversion manual covers in-depth ALL of the Z car gauges function with a SBC conversion, Tach, oil pressure, water temp, speedo, etc.

The JTR V-8-Z conversion manual is a V-8 owners bible. I even recommend this manual for the L-6 guys with its great info from cooling to suspension.

Trust me, it’s the best $38.95 you’ll spend on your V-8Z.

Click ME for the JTR V-8 Z car conversion manual.

As an aside, we established HybridZ rule #11 as sort of a prerequisite to those about to dive into a V-8-Z conversion, then after reading it, if any questions arise, post here… :wink:

HybridZ Rules and Guidlines.