HybridZ

2+ years Of My Life..Slippery Slope 400+Hp 280ZX Turbo Build. Lotsa Pics

slownrusty

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car looks awesome, I hope to catch a glimpse of it driving around town.

Incredible work Yasin!! :shock:

Two years to get all that done is not bad at all, in my opinion.

As everyone else said...more pics, video and sound clips please. :flamedevi

$hit Hot Yasin!! That is truly a work of art. Just watch out for the parking curbs always back in lol!! Gives myself and others motivation that’s for sure! :cheers:

With the amount of money you put into it I would invest in a security system!

Beautiful car cant wait to see a video and hear this beast

Beautiful ride. That's a lot to accomplish in that time period. Got any picts of that one-off hood?

Nice job Yasin.

Many Many thanks guys for all your positive comments and feedback!!! I greatly appreciate it. Hopefully Video will be shot this week, I just bought a cheapie but decent Digital Video Camera off eBay. Pics of the hood coming, as I am getting lots of requests.

More to come!

Best Regards - Yasin

So... how soon are you going to sell it and start another project...:flamedevi

Very nice car!

Well seeing that I have had this car the longest of any car I have owned (almost 8years)...will probably stay with me quite a while!!! My plan is too keep working on it and improving it as time goes by. So..no plans to sell it any time soon John...unless someone wants to offer me a nice $25K for it :)

OK so I have a nice offer for ya friend, how about $5000 cash, as-is, no questions asked, but only because I think you’re a nice guy…...

(It’s going to require a lot of discipline to slowly break in the engine)

Afshin, you get the brother discount....$4999!....I am taking my time breaking it in...the sad thing is I drive the car so infrequently I hope it does not take me over a year to get the break-in done..LOL.

Thanks for the comments and compliments!

Regards - Yasin

• 1 month later...

Yasin, I'm a little late to this thread but I wanted to chime in none the less. You have done a beautiful job to say the least. I have not spent much time making my engine look as impressive so I know the effort it took. The best part it's not all show..:D. I'm confident that with good gas you will be well over 400rwhp. My guess is that you will be limited by your turbo and/or injectors first. I can't wait to see you start flogging your car on the track. :burnout:

John - Once the Haltech is installed I will be very curious to see what the car is capable on the dyno with 550cc injectors. Should be lots of fun and I enjoying it very much even now at the modest boost level and the stock EFI. Feels good to drive it and put some miles on it finally.

Veritech - I agree! I love the no-hood look, it certainly makes the Mustang guys accelerate and try and catch you to check out what you have.

Thanks again guys!

Yasin

Hadn't seen this build. It's perfect! This is one of my favourite cars on here yet. I love the Inline-6 Turbo setup, keeps it period correct with enough modern items to make it go like a scared rabbit! Don't get me wrong, RB swaps, 2JZ's, LS1's etc. are all great swaps and amazing builds but just something about that somewhat "original" setup is intriguing. Excellent job! I'd definitely go this route with my 260Z.

I'm as late as JGK is on finding this thread.

What did I ever do to get put on the 'blame list' for that thing?:D

Nice shots!:icon14:

Oh you know Tony all around Nissan Datsun guru, knowledge sweating through the pores kinda guy, plus we got inso health discussions over the years..wink!

Hadn't seen this build. It's perfect! This is one of my favourite cars on here yet. I love the Inline-6 Turbo setup, keeps it period correct with enough modern items to make it go like a scared rabbit! Don't get me wrong, RB swaps, 2JZ's, LS1's etc. are all great swaps and amazing builds but just something about that somewhat "original" setup is intriguing. Excellent job! I'd definitely go this route with my 260Z.

Many Many thanks! Nothing like keeping it to its original roots but updating the power, performance, suspension, braking etc. You have a sweet S30 BTW, I used to live in Ontario and vacationed and visited Peterborough extensively and there is a very active Z club in Ontario (as you probably are aware of). Looking forward to seeing you modify your S30.

Coming back to drool over this thread one more time :icon14:

I think this is one of the top 3 badazz 280ZXT's on this site (Bernard and JeffP come in second and third, hehe :D)

Any close-up pics of your coilovers ? (maybe I missed the thread)

Hugh...you are making me blush! Plenty of bad ass S130s out there, there is this guy Hugh for example...just happy to see us pursuing the S130 model. Thanks anyway bro!!!

Many Many thanks! Nothing like keeping it to its original roots but updating the power, performance, suspension, braking etc. You have a sweet S30 BTW, I used to live in Ontario and vacationed and visited Peterborough extensively and there is a very active Z club in Ontario (as you probably are aware of). Looking forward to seeing you modify your S30.

Thanks! I definitely have plans for it it's just a time and money thing at the moment. Being 24, just into a fresh career, a house, finishing my project Jeep builds etc. makes it tough. I'm just happy to be able to drive it and enjoy it at the moment.